11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

A trackable coin to commemorate this event has been minted and will be sold at the event for $11 each. Because of the significance of the day, the coin features a red poppy associated with Veteran's Day. The coin colors are unique to the Michigan event.

It is entirely possible that that line was added after the event page was published. I am fairly certain that approvers do not get notification every time a cache page is edited. :ph34r:

Or they have a liberal approver.

CF30

A trackable coin to commemorate this event has been minted and will be sold at the event for $11 each. Because of the significance of the day, the coin features a red poppy associated with Veteran's Day. The coin colors are unique to the Michigan event.

It is entirely possible that that line was added after the event page was published. I am fairly certain that approvers do not get notification every time a cache page is edited. :ph34r:

CF30

Also, I have noticed that some reviewers enforce the rules more aggressively than others.

I do know of folks that add that info to the listing after the event is published. I've thought about doing that, but was afraid that, if our local reviewer decided to attend the event, he would notice that I changed the event page and lock it until I removed it. I figured it was not worth the headaches that would cause.

A trackable coin to commemorate this event has been minted and will be sold at the event for $11 each. Because of the significance of the day, the coin features a red poppy associated with Veteran’s Day. The coin colors are unique to the Michigan event.

I guess it depends on your reviewer. Initially I didn't say that the coin was trackable and the reviewer got back to me. "Event coins can be advertised on the event page if they are trackable at GC.com. If they are not trackable they must be advertised on an off GC.com webpage." I added the word trackable and then he published it as you have quoted above.

CF30

Nope it wasn't added afterwards. I wrote the line as quoted except I didn't say trackable when first submitted for publication. I also put the artwork for the coin when originally submitted. Once I said trackable it was published and it hasn't been edited since......

CF30

Nope it wasn't added afterwards. I wrote the line as quoted except I didn't say trackable when first submitted for publication. I also put the artwork for the coin when originally submitted. Once I said trackable it was published and it hasn't been edited since......

Trackables items are allowed to be mentioned on an event page.. Non trackables are not.

I don't mean to sound rude to anyone, but I tell it like it is... if you see it as rude, you are entitled to your opinion...

<rant>

Could some of you please quit emailing me and asking to trade coins?

I opted out of the host trade because I have no desire to have every version of this coin that will be produced. I realize some of you do and that is fine.

AFTER my event is OVER and IF I have coins left, I will gladly come here to the forums and let everyone know that I have "x" amount available FOR SALE.

I hate to repeat myself but I am not interested in TRADING for every version available. If you feel you MUST have my version WHEN and IF it is available, I will SELL any extras to any other host for exact cost to produce the coin + shipping. If you are not a host and want one the price will be $11+S&H, but hosts will have the first option to buy them.

</rant>

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,

JB

I don't mean to sound rude to anyone, but I tell it like it is... if you see it as rude, you are entitled to your opinion...

<rant>

I opted out of the host trade because I have no desire to have every version of this coin that will be produced. I realize some of you do and that is fine.

AFTER my event is OVER and IF I have coins left, I will gladly come here to the forums and let everyone know that I have "x" amount available FOR SALE.

I hate to repeat myself but I am not interested in TRADING for every version available. If you feel you MUST have my version WHEN and IF it is available, I will SELL any extras to any other host for exact cost to produce the coin + shipping. If you are not a host and want one the price will be $11+S&H, but hosts will have the first option to buy them.

</rant>

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,

JB

I don't think that is rude at all - it is a very fair comment. :)

Edited by keewee

<rant>

</rant>

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,

JB

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

The whole point of the trade opt in was so those who did not want a whole set or even more than their own event's version wouldn't be bothered by e-mails...

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

<rant>

</rant>

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,

JB

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

The whole point of the trade opt in was so those who did not want a whole set or even more than their own event's version wouldn't be bothered by e-mails...

CF30

We have been disappointed that we have received quite a few emails too. Our event coins have always been, and will always be, FIRST available for our event attendees. If any are available for purchase AFTER our event, we will post in this thread. Until then, PLEASE DO NOT ASK.

I think there might be a small amount of over-reaction going on here. I don't know how many emails others have received, but we have been asked by exactly 3 other event hosts if they can trade or purchase our coin so that they can make the complete set. We've happily allowed them to do so and it has been arranged they will each receive 1 of our coins direct from Oakcoins. I don't think 3 requests is particularly excessive, and they have paid the same price for the coins as any of our event attendees will. That said, we would not entertain very many more such requests as the principle of event attendees first still stands.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

I think there might be a small amount of over-reaction going on here. I don't know how many emails others have received, but we have been asked by exactly 3 other event hosts if they can trade or purchase our coin so that they can make the complete set. We've happily allowed them to do so and it has been arranged they will each receive 1 of our coins direct from Oakcoins. I don't think 3 requests is particularly excessive, and they have paid the same price for the coins as any of our event attendees will. That said, we would not entertain very many more such requests as the principle of event attendees first still stands.

This is not my first multi-event (we've been participants since 8/8/8). This is not the first time I have received trade/purchase requests months before one of my events. It is your choice to offer your coins as you wish, just as it is my choice to let our event attendees have first dibs. We usually sell out of our event coins, so I find it unfair to our event attendees to make the coins available to non-attendees, nor can I afford to purchase a bunch of surplus coins to trade. I would not like to learn that I could not purchase a coin at an event that I attended because the host sold some coins to folks that never intested to attend the event. I choose to not put my attendees thru that.

So, I do not think we (those who have requested "no more trade/purchase" requests) are over-reacting by posting our intent. I have received more than 3 requests, and not all of them were from other event hosts. I don't really like explaining myself over and over to those sending the requests. I am going to edit my event page to state that they are first and foremost for our event attendees. That might help prevent some of the requests...however, not everyone visits the event page to contact us, that is why we posted what we did here.

This is not my first multi-event (we've been participants since 8/8/8). This is not the first time I have received trade/purchase requests months before one of my events. It is your choice to offer your coins as you wish, just as it is my choice to let our event attendees have first dibs. We usually sell out of our event coins, so I find it unfair to our event attendees to make the coins available to non-attendees, nor can I afford to purchase a bunch of surplus coins to trade. I would not like to learn that I could not purchase a coin at an event that I attended because the host sold some coins to folks that never intested to attend the event. I choose to not put my attendees thru that.

So, I do not think we (those who have requested "no more trade/purchase" requests) are over-reacting by posting our intent. I have received more than 3 requests, and not all of them were from other event hosts. I don't really like explaining myself over and over to those sending the requests. I am going to edit my event page to state that they are first and foremost for our event attendees. That might help prevent some of the requests...however, not everyone visits the event page to contact us, that is why we posted what we did here.

well said! ...my sentiments exactly!

Wow, I guess I've been told!

I think I said "I don't know how many emails others have received" which would put in context whether it was over-reaction. I guess it wasn't explicit enough.

Anyway, I do agree, that we would not allow any non-hosts to pre-purchase our coins, and we have only allowed other hosts to do so because it was such a small number, AND because we are certain we will end up with extra coins at the end (we actually wanted to only get 50 or even less).

In any case, take a deep breath and calm down - remember it's all meant to be fun. :)

:laughing:

Wow, I guess I've been told!

I think I said "I don't know how many emails others have received" which would put in context whether it was over-reaction. I guess it wasn't explicit enough.

Anyway, I do agree, that we would not allow any non-hosts to pre-purchase our coins, and we have only allowed other hosts to do so because it was such a small number, AND because we are certain we will end up with extra coins at the end (we actually wanted to only get 50 or even less).

In any case, take a deep breath and calm down - remember it's all meant to be fun. :)

No need to take a deep breath, regular breathing should suffice (LOL :laughing:). I did not mean to slam anyone...just wanted to clarify why I feel the way I do. Our family hosts events because they are fun (for us, and, hopefully, our attendees), so forgetting to have fun not an issue for us. ;)

With all the discussions going on about trading/buying/selling, I just want to make my position clear....

I will trade my 11/11/11 coin (Indiana) with any other host for their coin before or after the event.

I will buy any 11/11/11 coin from any host.

I will sell my 11/11/11 coin to anybody after the event is over.

I'm sure I will have extras. Send me an email if you want to arrange a buy/sell or trade.

Thanks,

Lisa

Cache_Kitty

30 on the bookmark list so far.

I saw that in the list there are other events that have no geocoin, so for the avoidance of doubt I've changed the title of my event to 11-11-11 Multi Event: Costa Brava.

Shouldn't be any on MY list. There are other 11-11-11 bookmark lists. But the events on *mine* are the ones with these geocoins.

I saw that in the list there are other events that have no geocoin, so for the avoidance of doubt I've changed the title of my event to 11-11-11 Multi Event: Costa Brava.

Shouldn't be any on MY list. There are other 11-11-11 bookmark lists. But the events on *mine* are the ones with these geocoins.

This one (in both lists) doesn't has coin GC34FDP :huh:

Edited by manu luq

That person posted in this thread. Look a few posts above!

Yes they did post here but I think that manu luq is pointing out that they don't have a coin listed on the participant spreadsheet unless they are sharing with another event. Or maybe getting some straight from geoswag for their event.

Yes they did post here but I think that manu luq is pointing out that they don't have a coin listed on the participant spreadsheet unless they are sharing with another event. Or maybe getting some straight from geoswag for their event.

Write in this thread does not mean that has our geocoin :)

Indeed,this event in Granada (Spain) has nothing to do with our 11-11-11 Multi Event. Is not on the spreadsheet of Emma, in other words, the only 11-11-11 Multi Event in Spain is mine, and I haven't spoken to anyone for sharing my version of the coin with any other event.

Part of some versions of the coins (mine also) will be available in Geoswag after the event, but not before event.

Is just to clarify, I very much like everyone is pointing to the list, but without confusion.

Edited: Marianne, if you visit their page, you'll see that's another story, another event in the same date that has nothing to do with our Multi Event.

Edited by manu luq