11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

I would like to trade a few before the event, so at the event cacher can see other versions. With such a short time between shipment and event, everything would need to be set up ahead of time and ready to send out right away. Anybody interested?

Absolutely. :) I would love to trade with as many event hosts as possible. Both before and after the events. :lol:

CF30

Yes! I would also love to trade as many 11-11-11 geocoins as possible

Ditto! Good idea :)

Coint me in Avroair for this 11-11-11 Multi-Event for Sweden.

I also have a open question for all us who want to trade this coin if we can do this in a more safe and structured way.

If we can put a list for us who want to do this direct from the the coinmaker together with our own coins.

I don't know if it´s Oakcoin this time. I did that with a couple trades last time.

It´s much easier and safer than send one coin to 20-30 places in the world.

I lost coins from PLnauta twice of some reasons and he haven´t answered my last 4 mails after he sent the coin second time.

Why I don´t know... I hope all my coins have reached the traders last time, if not, just let me know.

I have talk with Emma at Oakcoin and there vill be an option for us who wants to trade this coin directly.

There will be a group email for us who wants to participating in this trading on a spreadsheet from Oakcoin.

Hi All,

We'd like to make our Auckland event coin available to all the collectors, but we're unfortunately not in a position to trade - basically we can't afford to add that many coins to our collection right now. While we are sure all the other coins will look great, we're just not in a position to collect them all, but we're happy to help anyone who wants to do that.

We've come into this whole multi-event coin deal so that we can add another level of interest and fun to our 11-11-11 event, which we're already pouring a lot of our time and money into (see our event last year with 110 people, http://coord.info/GC29A3T, and we're going much bigger this year).

Is there any way the pre-arranged trading system, being set up with Oakcoins, can accomodate people purchasing one of our coins so it goes direct to them instead of us?

The alternative, if we get them all shipped to us and then others want to buy them, is that obviously there will be additional shipping costs for all the coins to come to New Zealand and then get posted off elsewhere.

Cheers,

fmz

Hi All,

We'd like to make our Auckland event coin available to all the collectors, but we're unfortunately not in a position to trade - basically we can't afford to add that many coins to our collection right now. While we are sure all the other coins will look great, we're just not in a position to collect them all, but we're happy to help anyone who wants to do that.

We've come into this whole multi-event coin deal so that we can add another level of interest and fun to our 11-11-11 event, which we're already pouring a lot of our time and money into (see our event last year with 110 people, http://coord.info/GC29A3T, and we're going much bigger this year).

Is there any way the pre-arranged trading system, being set up with Oakcoins, can accomodate people purchasing one of our coins so it goes direct to them instead of us?

The alternative, if we get them all shipped to us and then others want to buy them, is that obviously there will be additional shipping costs for all the coins to come to New Zealand and then get posted off elsewhere.

Cheers,

fmz

If anyone would like to make 25 or 50 more coins available to Oakcoins, I believe they will trade on your behalf. More information to come.

Hi All,

Cheers,

fmz

If anyone would like to make 25 or 50 more coins available to Oakcoins, I believe they will trade on your behalf. More information to come.

this sounds like a good idea if it is done properly... I am sure some folks that will want every version available, however I am not one of those folks and really have no desire to trade for all 30-40-50 versions. I also don't want folks mad when I tell them I'm not interested in trading or don't have them available to trade. However if Oakcoins wants to produce the extra coins for the PARTICIPATING HOSTS that want my version then I'd be ok with that providing they don't offer them to be available to the mass geocoin population

Does it have to be in multiples of 25?

Would be great if we could leave Oakcoins with coins matching the exact, predetermined, number of other event hosts who want our coin, as we too do not wish to have our coins sold to the masses by Oakcoins.

On a semi-unrelated note, presumably at some stage we all have to decide what these coins will sell for? I'm not sure how this will work, as once again, shipping the coins to NZ, and probably some other places outside the US, is very very expensive (about 5 times as much per coin as within the US, for the benefit of the US hosts). Or will it basically be up to each event host as to how much they sell their coins to the general populace?

Cheers.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

snip

On a semi-unrelated note, presumably at some stage we all have to decide what these coins will sell for? I'm not sure how this will work, as once again, shipping the coins to NZ, and probably some other places outside the US, is very very expensive (about 5 times as much per coin as within the US, for the benefit of the US hosts). Or will it basically be up to each event host as to how much they sell their coins to the general populace?

Cheers.

Well having hosted 2 of these events with version coins and being out of pocket $XXX last event. :ph34r: Shhhhh do not tell the wife. It is up to each event holder to decide what you need to charge to cover costs, as pointed out some have to pay a whole lot more for shipping + finish + glow or pearl and it goes on... $104 for shipping to Oz this year... seems reasonable and will be factored into the overall cost of coins and hosting.

Most likely the Perth Australia price (Tho not set in stone)will be $11 bucks, we think it sounds reasonable and is in line with the event theme :anicute:

snip

Cheers.

Well having hosted 2 of these events with version coins and being out of pocket $XXX last event. :ph34r: Shhhhh do not tell the wife. It is up to each event holder to decide what you need to charge to cover costs, as pointed out some have to pay a whole lot more for shipping + finish + glow or pearl and it goes on... $104 for shipping to Oz this year... seems reasonable and will be factored into the overall cost of coins and hosting.

Most likely the Perth Australia price (Tho not set in stone)will be $11 bucks, we think it sounds reasonable and is in line with the event theme :anicute:

Hmmm...I seem to recall the price being set the same for everyone participating in the previous events (except for the 888...which I remember setting our local price at $8.88...I thought it was cute, but ended up a making change nightmare).

snip

Cheers.

Hmmm...I seem to recall the price being set the same for everyone participating in the previous events (except for the 888...which I remember setting our local price at $8.88...I thought it was cute, but ended up a making change nightmare).

I just noticed in the FAQ's that the host can set their own price.

snip

Cheers.

That's correct. When we tried to set a price, the Europeans balked at 10 euros for 10-10-10. I think $11 for US event hosts is reasonable in connection with 11-11-11.

From the FAQ I read "The hosts decide on the retail price as a group" as meaning we all decide, as a group, but that's cool. In Auckland, NZ, we'll probably go with about NZ$14 or 15, which is roughly in line with AU$11 (or US$11 plus a bit for the extra shipping). Unfortunately NZ$11 is too low.

From the FAQ I read "The hosts decide on the retail price as a group" as meaning we all decide, as a group, but that's cool. In Auckland, NZ, we'll probably go with about NZ$14 or 15, which is roughly in line with AU$11 (or US$11 plus a bit for the extra shipping). Unfortunately NZ$11 is too low.

I have already told my monthly event cachers that I will sell them for $10. I don't know if I could change that, maybe.

Hello all Hosts and Geocoin Participants,

as you know i have all versions of previous multievent geocoin in my collection.

I would like to get all versions for 11-11-11 too.

Could you help me to complete 11-11-11 collection, please?

Very Thanks for your goodwill.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Bo.T.L. add to list Figueira da Foz, Portugal geocoin GC304ZX

Hello all Hosts and Geocoin Participants,

as you know i have all versions of previous multievent geocoin in my collection.

I would like to get all versions for 11-11-11 too.

Could you help me to complete 11-11-11 collection, please?

Very Thanks for your goodwill.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Bo.T.L. add to list Figueira da Foz, Portugal geocoin GC304ZX

Updated.

Look at

Bo.T.L.'s Geocoins Collection :rolleyes:

I have been trying to follow. Is anyone hosting an event in Florida, US? I am new to all of this so please forgive my newbie questions.

I believe Dale and Barb are doing one marked down as "space coast of Florida(central)" tho it does not look like the event is posted yet. Not that I can see.

I have been trying to follow. Is anyone hosting an event in Florida, US? I am new to all of this so please forgive my newbie questions.

I believe Dale and Barb are doing one marked down as "space coast of Florida(central)" tho it does not look like the event is posted yet. Not that I can see.

Thank you for the response. I hope to see their event. :)

Thank you for the response. I hope to see their event. :)

There are actually 3 Florida events that will have a unique coin... Along with the one mentioned, I'll be hosting one and Scificollector is hosting one as well

I was at an event yesterday and we discussed doing an 11-11-11 event. So I came to the forums to see if I could find anything official about it and came across this thread. Looks like it's too late to get in on the whole coin thing eh?

Emma at the coin place has a limited supply of basic ones you can still get. Just cannot custom it at this point with the colors. Hth.

Howdy

ok I lied I am pissed

submitted the Mesa Arizona event and get this reply

Log Date: 8/31/2011

Hello, I have reviewed your geocache submission for listing on the website. I'm writing to ask you to edit your cache description to remove the text that talks about the Geocoin sale, because commercial caches/event are not permitted. If you remove this text, you should be fine: This is a collectable, but fully trackable geocoin designed for all of the events making up the multi-event all around the world, with each individual event having it's own unique coin color scheme. Colored by Jake. Limited to only 50 coins, available at the event Cash $11USD.

Please consult the guidelines and requirements for placing a cache, and specifically the section titled 'Commercial Caches', found here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=307#commercial where the guidelines state:

Team Evil , I had to modify mine simply because I placed a website link because Geocaching website allows you to put a link on it when submitting an event cache. I placed it there so members could see what type of establishment we would be at. But I was told since they had a menu with pricing it was deemed advertising sales. So my event missed the cutoff to be put in the weekly newsletter for that week. Live and learn...it sucks though. Can you just maybe write geocoins will be available...contact at email for more info?

Howdy

ok I lied I am *****

Hello, I have reviewed your geocache submission for listing on the website. I'm writing to ask you to edit your cache description to remove the text that talks about the Geocoin sale, because commercial caches/event are not permitted. If you remove this text, you should be fine: This is a collectable, but fully trackable geocoin designed for all of the events making up the multi-event all around the world, with each individual event having it's own unique coin color scheme. Colored by Jake. Limited to only 50 coins, available at the event Cash $11USD.

Please consult the guidelines and requirements for placing a cache, and specifically the section titled 'Commercial Caches', found here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=307#commercial where the guidelines state:

We had that problem the first time we hosted an event with a coin sale, and once when we tried to list the event sponsors on the cache page. We removed the coin cost text from the cache listing, as requested, and simply stated that a coin will be available at the event. We shared the coin cost info via a link to another site on the cache page (we get a small amount of online webspace for free from our online service provider). We have also opted to simply state on the event page that details will be available later, and have provided this information in the form of an event announcement at a later date.

Edited by DresselDragons

Howdy

ok I lied I am *****

Please consult the guidelines and requirements for placing a cache, and specifically the section titled 'Commercial Caches', found here: http://support.Groun...=307#commercial where the guidelines state:

We had that problem the first time we hosted an event with a coin sale, and once when we tried to list the event sponsors on the cache page. We removed the coin cost text from the cache listing, as requested, and simply stated that a coin will be available at the event. We shared the coin cost info via a link to another site on the cache page (we get a small amount of online webspace for free from our online service provider). We have also opted to simply state on the event page that details will be available later, and have provided this information in the form of an event announcement at a later date.

Yeah, on my event page I simply noted that an 11/11/11 coin would be available. No mention of price. <_<

CF30

but there are so many other event listing published with much more blatant sales ,,,

I guess what has me the most is that there have been oh the 999 the 101010 even the multi event coin events so why not talk about the elephant in the room... are we selling personal items, yeah those paid for to the site for a Icon personal.. There needs to be a Geocoin event guideline for commercialism that applies to every event not just those of certain volunteers... put a word here a word there and you are not selling strange goods.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

climbs off soap box for now

Edited by Team Evil Fish