11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

I'll be hosting an event in AL on that day (well, we're on vacation that week, so it is a 75% chance of being in AL depending on if we are going to go anywhere).

It will be my 8th annual "I'm still alive dinner" as well as my 5th wedding anniversary.

What is a multi-event?

A multi-event is a group of event locations that share the same theme and geocoin (with the same icon).

Who can host an 11-11-11 Multi-event?

Anyone! An individual, geoaching organization or group.

Are there any restrictions on where I can host my event?

The event format is totally up to you. The only rule is that events that don't share the same color combination be more than 100 miles apart. Two events with the same color/metal combination have no distance restrictions.

What if two people would like to do an event but they live within 100 miles?

Avroair stays out of regional disputes. I would suggest the two hosts work together on the same coin or find some other solution amicably. Preference will be given to a veteran event host over new host if parties can't agree. Options such as sharing a coin, moving events further apart or dropping one event have worked in the past.

Who designs the coins?

Avroair, although the design is posted in the forums and critiqued by the other hosts. The design is meant to be versatile so that many color and metal combinations are available. The coins are trackable at GC.com and have a custom icon shared by all the versions. Avroair is open to other people's designs.

What can I customize (what will make my coin unique)?

There are two main options:

1. Choice of metal finish (antiquing adds to the cost)

2. Choice of color enamel fills. The color options include sub-options like glitter, glow, translucent and pearl enamels. Some of these options add to the costs to the coin.

What's the minimum order size?

Minimum order is 50 coins. But there is a price break for ordering 100 coins. There is also a 25 coin buy back program if you don't sell at least half.

How much do the coins cost?

Depends on what options you use. But typically starts at $5.00 per coin. The hosts decide on the retail price as a group.

How do I pick colors, metal and enamels?

Avroair will provide a 'color by numbers' outline of the coin artwork used for picking colors and enamels.

What happens if two hosts submit exact or similar colors?

The host who handed in their colors second will be asked to alter their colors.

Will we see mint artwork?

Yes, you will have a chance to approve mint artwork to make sure colors are correctly chosen. But there is no opportunity to change your colors at that stage, just confirm they are correct.

Will we get a sample?

Only if time permits and we only do samples of the first 2-6 coins submitted.

When will the coins be delivered?

Two weeks before your event. You will get a shipping notice when this happens.

For past multi event designs and colors see: B0TL's list

Edited by avroair

Venue has been selected (thank you WheelinB :anibad:). Cache page will hopefully be submitted by tomorrow evening! Yay!! :laughing:

Can't wait to see the artwork & get selecting colors, etc!!

CF30

I thought we could only publish an event like this three months in advance. I counted on my fingers and I ended up with more than 3 showing! Do these events warrant special consideration? If so then I will also work on the listing...

Venue has been selected (thank you WheelinB :anibad:). Cache page will hopefully be submitted by tomorrow evening! Yay!! :laughing:

CF30

I thought we could only publish an event like this three months in advance. I counted on my fingers and I ended up with more than 3 showing! Do these events warrant special consideration? If so then I will also work on the listing...

I thought it was 6 months. I will have to ask.

CF30

CF30

I thought it was 6 months. I will have to ask.

CF30

It's 3 months unless you happen to be a reviewer who publishes their own events. <_<

Title updated at OP's request.

Two ideas I am kickin around:

Left: Greek, since they held the number 11 in high esteem.

Right: A double layered 11 pointed compass

6f4f690c-68f1-41b2-bf27-de8d51d98692.jpg

Anything resonate?

I love both but the greek side left me confused. Were the letters U U U or 11 11 11, it was hard to tell.

It'd be nice to have a break from the compass rose style design. On the other hand, the greek one doesn't have nearly enough areas to color for it to get confusing and angst-ridden. Please advise. ;)

I agree. I think we need a break from the compass rose inspired designs. The Greek coin also has me confused and wondering how it could be personalized for many different events. With a font change is looks great for an individual event. How about a poppy theme on one side?

It'd be nice to have a break from the compass rose style design. On the other hand, the greek one doesn't have nearly enough areas to color for it to get confusing and angst-ridden. Please advise. ;)

I agree. I think we need a break from the compass rose inspired designs. The Greek coin also has me confused and wondering how it could be personalized for many different events. With a font change is looks great for an individual event. How about a poppy theme on one side?

I agree about the poppies.

To have an event on Vetern's Day with out some sort of aknowledgement just wouldn't be right.

I agree about the poppies.

To have an event on Vetern's Day with out some sort of aknowledgement just wouldn't be right.

I looked at poppies, they would look like CW88's suncatcher 11-11-11 coin. I can re-look.

Edited by avroair

Perhaps multiple poppies instead of just 1? Like...maybe 11 of them! :) Anyway, I know whatever you design will be awesome, so I won't design by committee on you and just trust I'll like it. :)

Good idea! like an onion! you keep peeling back the layers, or you mean like 11 little ones?

I had been thinking 11 small ones... it's a great idea

The poppies could be a forefront element (and all the same colour) on a background of something else (other flowers?) in different colours for each event.

Edited by keewee

Perhaps multiple poppies instead of just 1? Like...maybe 11 of them! :) Anyway, I know whatever you design will be awesome, so I won't design by committee on you and just trust I'll like it. :)

Good idea! like an onion! you keep peeling back the layers, or you mean like 11 little ones?

Try both. :)

CF30

Just curious...do 11-11-11 events have to be held at 11:00?

I imagine yes, but as it falls on a friday...folks will either still be at work at 11 am, or maybe not as many folks would be willing to attend an event starting at 11pm (cachers with kids, etc)

?

Mine is going to "officially" start at 7:11 pm.:anibad: Give people time to get home & change clothes, etc. Also, folk will have time choose to eat before the event or eat at the event.

CF30

I imagine yes, but as it falls on a friday...folks will either still be at work at 11 am, or maybe not as many folks would be willing to attend an event starting at 11pm (cachers with kids, etc)

?

I won't be starting my event at 11am as I will be at my local war memorial attending a Remembrance Day ceremony. It isn't a statutory holiday in Nova Scotia, so I will start my event after the supper hour.

?

Typically yes. At 11:11 am or 11:11 pm --- depends how adventurous the host is.

Ok, so I was playing around with the clock idea, as well as smaller poppies, and here is a preliminary design I came up with, the 'color-by-number' is easier than it looks on here. I also shaded a section on the clock face where the adventurous types could alternate enamels.

The Wording: "11-11-11 Multievent" would go around the outside of the clock with other verbiage. It crashed my new illustrator twice when I tried to put it in. And I forgot to add 11 to the middle of the poppy on the front.

Thoughts?

3f8ad7f1-43f0-498d-9ecf-31c51ccc52c9.jpg

Edited by avroair

Ok, so I was playing around with the clock idea, as well as smaller poppies, and here is a preliminary design I came up with, the 'color-by-number' is easier than it looks on here. I also shaded a section on the clock face where the adventurous types could alternate enamels.

The Wording: "11-11-11 Multievent" would go around the outside of the clock with other verbiage. It crashed my new illustrator twice when I tried to put it in. And I forgot to add 11 to the middle of the poppy on the front.

Thoughts?

I like this version. Can the hands be set at 11O'clock?

Eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month..signing of WWI treaty

Thanks for reconsidering.

Thoughts?

Yes I like this version a LOT!! I'd also like to see the hands set to 11:00 but I suppose 11:11 works for the event. Can you shorten the hour hand a tad?

I tried both hands at 11 and it looks strange to the eye. Kinda lopsided If it were Midnight then people are used to seeing that. 11th minute, 11th hour, 11th day...

I can post one to show what I mean. After I get more feedback. The minute and hour hands are currently backwards.

Edited by avroair

Ooooh, I really like the way you took it! Also, i like the 11:11 better than 11:00. I know, there's always one!

I guess my only feedback (which you're welcome to ignore) is that I wish the poppy was more rounded instead of having the sharp corners. Of course we're running into the cw88 coin look-a-like issue at that point maybe?

Anyway, I love it! Wait for my version where I want each poppy to be a different color ;)

Hmm.. slightly newbie question.. do events have to be outdoors? Since we're in an area where it will likely be under snow on 11-11-11 can event caches and what not be placed indoors if I were to find a venue that we could use? With some outdoors for die hard cachers in the area, and some indoors for folks who are not winter cachers but would enjoy an event in november.. Just the start of an idea...

Hmm.. slightly newbie question.. do events have to be outdoors? Since we're in an area where it will likely be under snow on 11-11-11 can event caches and what not be placed indoors if I were to find a venue that we could use? With some outdoors for die hard cachers in the area, and some indoors for folks who are not winter cachers but would enjoy an event in november.. Just the start of an idea...

Yep indoors is just great! Our multi events have been held in a sports bar and they love when we come. LOL

The event format, location, venue is totally up to you. See post #105 for a FAQ.

Only thing I'm worried about is that it's really close to the 11-11-11 suncatcher with respect to the large poppy side.

Not much I can do about a poppy, I took a quick look at the sun catcher and the middle is similar, I may tweak it a bit. But the rest of the coin is totally different.

After lots of lurking and not much posting (in case I was tempted to start buying every coin I saw again)

I'm popping in to say we are still in for the Australian 11-11-11 version. B)

Looking good Avroair, but I do wonder if you use the poppy style, surely the poppy has to stay red on

all coin versions otherwise the significance would be somewhat lost :lostsignal:

Just a thought as it is rather large and only a couple of areas remain to get our colour crayons out :D

Just sayin :bad: as I do like it a lot!