11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

In chemistry, Group 11 includes the three coinage metals copper, silver, and gold known from antiquity. It also includes the superheavy element roentgenium, which was discovered only recently! Sounds like an AE to me! :lol:

Rotguttenium?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

CF30

Yup! The rotguttenium cosmic collider AE edition... with sprinkles!

In chemistry, Group 11 includes the three coinage metals copper, silver, and gold known from antiquity. It also includes the superheavy element roentgenium, which was discovered only recently! Sounds like an AE to me! :lol:

Rotguttenium?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

CF30

Yup! The rotguttenium cosmic collider AE edition... with sprinkles!

Oo Oo Oo I NEED one of those!!

I love it Gatoulis!!

And yes, if I am able to host an event this year, it will be by the ocean. :D

cachers_eleven.jpg

too much like the movie poster! a unique design is needed.

I wasn't thinking of this as a coin design. More of a unifying theme for the event pages.

well, everybody knows how i feel about using art from other sources for coins or in this case for a unifying theme. i think with all the talented designers and graphic artists in geocaching, we don't have to borrow from a movie poster.

lara

maybe.... the theme has to do with the unique dates this year has... and crazy numbers..... what I mean....

In this year... we have 4 different and very strange dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11.

except that... try something (like a game)..... take the last 2 digits of the year you were born and add them in the last digits of your year that you will close this year.... the sum of this... is 111....

for example... I was born in 1975, so I take the 75 and I closed 36 years of living this year... 75+36 = 111

crazy??? Try it too!!! it is not a joke!

So... how about the coin's theme will have to do with the crazy number ??? ;)

except that... try something (like a game)..... take the last 2 digits of the year you were born and add them in the last digits of your year that you will close this year.... the sum of this... is 111....

for example... I was born in 1975, so I take the 75 and I closed 36 years of living this year... 75+36 = 111

crazy??? Try it too!!! it is not a joke!

That is very strange..... I like it.

maybe.... the theme has to do with the unique dates this year has... 11/11/11.

I think you might be on to something... :o

:laughing: well... in my mind I have something like a barcode.... and a theme to be inspired by conspirecy facts for new world order, or about things that they are hiding.... ;) to be a mystery under the coin... and wit the bar code that will actually be made by the 11/11/11..... with questiomarks and a general question..... to leave to us all, something like... what will happen there? what is this meeting... is it just an event or something more?? :laughing: :laughing:

My personal 2 cents worth is: since it seems like most places acknowledge Armistice Day maybe we could acknowledge it in the coin somehow. Maybe a red poppy even a small one somewhere worked into the design or some other symbol of peace that isn't blatant.Like a dove flying over something or a cloud shaped like a dove. I like the eleven sided coin idea. How about ways of saying eleven (languages) like the 10 Years! coin had?

The Eleven caches...idea is good but here in Iowa we will probably have snow and be cold by then so the event will be an indoors thing.

I am really interested in the design, but its hard to come up with something from here.

In Cologne and other cities we do start the carnival season which usually ends in february with the big street carnival, like this year where the mardi Gras event was held.

Don`t we have 11 cache icons in comination with the 11.11.11?

just my 2 cents

Don`t we have 11 cache icons in comination with the 11.11.11?

1 webcam, 2 trad 3 multi 4 ape 5 Wherigo 6 event 7 mega 8 puzzle 9 earth 10 cito 11 letterbox 12 locationless 13 10 years 14 gz hq 15 gps maze 16 bench marks...

So we are set for 16/16/16! :laughing:

I have mathmatica at work, it's a program for mathmatically making shapes I sometimes use for geocoin designs such as the 88 pointed semi-raised star on the back of the 888 coins. Anyways, was fooling with a circle, and an 11 pointed star, all connecting. Looks pretty cool!

But could still do with a theme:

Lucky 7s, Crazy 8s, Cloud 9, Powers of 10... Eleven... shame the volume on my moniter doesn't go up to 11!

Still working on the design and the theme, thinking Ocean's Eleven, Elevenses --- November is also Celtic New Year. :) Or course it's also Remembrance Day, symbolized by red poppies.

Anyways, post in the thread if you interested in hosting an event. This isn't a commitment, just a 'say hey'

Still working on the design and the theme, thinking Ocean's Eleven, Elevenses --- November is also Celtic New Year. :) Or course it's also Remembrance Day, symbolized by red poppies.

Anyways, post in the thread if you interested in hosting an event. This isn't a commitment, just a 'say hey'

I'm in. Thinking about venues... ^_^

CF30

I'd be interested in hosting this year for Halifax, Nova Scotia!

Updated title at OP's request, but is this for an event, or a geocoin? If this is for an event, it belongs in the geocaching topics forum.

I imagine it is for both, as the coin goes hand-in-hand with the event.

I've hosted all the other ones here in Texas, but my theme for this one will be Veteran's Day. I know this is a coin for a world wide event, but here in Texas, I don't think I could host an event on that day without honoring veterans.

So I don't know if I'll be in on this coin or not. Depends on the theme.

I've hosted all the other ones here in Texas, but my theme for this one will be Veteran's Day. I know this is a coin for a world wide event, but here in Texas, I don't think I could host an event on that day without honoring veterans.

So I don't know if I'll be in on this coin or not. Depends on the theme.

Ditto!

I'm in, but I like the veterans theme... I will have to know what the coins theme is before I commit to it...

We're in for Georgia. This year we're hosting in Savannah in conjunction with the Going Coastal weekend of events. Since it's also Veteran's Day, we are planning a 'salute to veterans' regardless of the coin theme.

I'm looking forward to seeing the design!

Janet

Doh! that is the same weekend as Going Coastal.... hhhmmmm... that could be a problem... I doubt I'm in then... unless I can host/co-host an event in Savannah...

what came in my mind... was the OCEAN'S 11 movie! :D and you can have the 12, 13.... :lol:

Maybe you can change it into CACHER'S 11.... and the event name to be the meeting of the Ocean's 11.... :lol:

If the place of the event will be near the ocean....WOW! :D

We could do the ocean in NJ.. B)

Jumping in cluelessly here, but for 11-11 we always end up spending part of the day at the Veteran's Day parade and helping the Scouts with the flag retirement ceremony afterward ... very moving for me. In our area, a new veteran's memorial will also officially open on that day. So if we have a geocache event in our area on that day ... I'd want it centered around those events. (A bonus, there's theoretically a cache hidden in the park they use for the staging area, but since the new memorial construction, they've blocked off the WHOLE PARK so that'll be the first time in months cachers can get at that geocache! I am sure the owner will be celebrating.)

On a personal note, it's also going to be our 11th wedding anniversary. So I am sure we'll be celebrating somehow that day. :)

I wonder how geocachers would enter a float or group in a parade? That could be interesting... the vehicle would need a travel bug decal for sure, LOL.

Hmm, since the memorial will have brick pavers in honor/memory of folks, could lead to interesting scavenger hunt events. I can't wait to see where the one is that my sis and I got in memory of our father.

Edited by KristenSh

Definitely interested in doing one in the GTA if there is room for more than one Ontario version or a joint event Ted if you want to figure something out.

Just the 100 mile rule for events. Gotta be more than 100 miles apart.

I thought we already posted interest earlier.

We sort of did, but people drop off the forums and others who didn't know back then are now here.