ok who nicked it?

Munkeh

My understanding of it is that you had to log it from the event with one of the official Groundspeak iphone or android apps.

As I'm too tight to pay out for one of 'em (and the android app didn't exist then anyway), I didn't get it either lol!

me neither, cannot afford one. Shame as it makes this bit of fun (as I see it) for the elite only. Was really chuffed to get my one yesterday and it is proudly on my blog :)

Try re-logging the Perth Mega with the date set back to 31st July.

champagne.gif

(Then delete your duplicate log.)

MrsB

ARGHHH! We'd like ours but with the Mega being a milestone we'll need to re-log all the other caches we did that day too so that the Mega remains our milestone. Can see this might take us a while.

It won't effect your milestone if you immediately delete the re-log log. (You only need to type in something like "relog for souvenir"). You'll still have the souvenir icon after you delete the second log.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

champagne.gif

MrsB

ARGHHH! We'd like ours but with the Mega being a milestone we'll need to re-log all the other caches we did that day too so that the Mega remains our milestone. Can see this might take us a while.

It won't effect your milestone if you immediately delete the re-log log. (You only need to type in something like "relog for souvenir"). You'll still have the souvenir icon after you delete the second log.

MrsB

Ah, now you tell me ....

If you want the souvenir now then delete the log and relog the event etc. But they are going to go back and issue souvenirs for past logs so I guess it depends if you have any patience. :)

This is from the about souvenir's tab:

If you have previously logged a cache in a souvenir zone, the souvenir will be added to your profile at a later date.

If you want the souvenir now then delete the log and relog the event etc. But they are going to go back and issue souvenirs for past logs so I guess it depends if you have any patience. :)

This is from the about souvenir's tab:

If you have previously logged a cache in a souvenir zone, the souvenir will be added to your profile at a later date.

wasn't there before :laughing:

We didn't have one until 2 minutes ago but we have it now :)

champagne.gif

MrsB

You naughty person. G.com are asking people not to re-log caches to get the souvenirs as it will put too much strain on the servers. I think you should go and report yourself to the nearest reviewer.........

We didn't have one until 2 minutes ago but we have it now :laughing:

champagne.gif

MrsB

You naughty person. G.com are asking people not to re-log caches to get the souvenirs as it will put too much strain on the servers. I think you should go and report yourself to the nearest reviewer.........

Are they? :)

*checks In Tray*

Nope. I didn't receive a Frog Memo about that.

There's lots of mutterings and murmurings on the Geocaching Topics forum about these new souvenir things. I'm not that excited about them really but I'm just wondering whether (eventually) cache owners will be able to create and submit their own souvenirs for their own areas or caches. It might be interesting to produce some sort of location specific piece of art work, or photo montage, and then submit it for acceptance.

Anyway

Whatever

MrsB :)

Anyone who uses GSAK and deletes a find log online then enters another one will end up with two finds against that event/cache in GSAK. They will need to delete the obsolete find log, or you can delete the cache totally from your finds database, then when you load your next My Finds PQ it will load this cache/event in again with just the one find log.

We didn't have one until 2 minutes ago but we have it now B)

champagne.gif

MrsB

Are they? :lol:

*checks In Tray*

Nope. I didn't receive a Frog Memo about that.

There's lots of mutterings and murmurings on the Geocaching Topics forum about these new souvenir things. I'm not that excited about them really but I'm just wondering whether (eventually) cache owners will be able to create and submit their own souvenirs for their own areas or caches. It might be interesting to produce some sort of location specific piece of art work, or photo montage, and then submit it for acceptance.

Anyway

Whatever

MrsB :)

Found it. Looks like it's more about owners getting spammed than the servers.....

We don't have a date set yet for the retroactive awarding, as we have to make sure that we don't slam the database when we do it. State and province souvenirs are upcoming and they will be much more database intensive than the small-area souvenirs we have out so far. We want to make sure we have a reasonable process in place.

Also, as the owner of the Mission 9 APE cache, I'd appreciate it if everyone would spread the word asking cachers to exercise restraint and NOT relog the cache just to get the souvenir ahead of when they will retroactively get it anyway. I'm getting spammed! :D

Lastly, feel free to speak about souvenirs. The previous thread was shut down because of a misunderstanding of which souvenirs are currently available and which ones are upcoming.

We didn't have one until 2 minutes ago but we have it now :lol:

champagne.gif

MrsB

Done it, got it, deleted it, and somehow seem to have incremented my total count by one.

...and the numbers have sorted themselves out today. Problem over.