Spots from DeLORME PN-60w not making it to geocaching.com

KK7X

I continue to have an issue where my finds will not make it from findmespot.com to geocaching.com

If I log a find on the PN-60 I ensure that wireless is ON, I have the checkbox for "Send to Spot" Checked. I ensure I have a clear shot of the

sky and send my find.

The information is making it to findmespot.com, I can see the history under"My GPS Locations"

The finds never show up at Geocaching.com under field notes.

I have been trying for the last several days to make this work.

What I have done.

I have gone to settings at findmespot - device settings/social networks/geocaching

I have UNLINKED the account and then re LINKED the geocaching.com setting ensuring the correct username and password

I then Export to PN-60w

I don't believe the problem lies with the PN-60. It is either an issue with findmespot.com not transferring the information or geocaching.com not accepting the information.

What I would like to know is if others are having this issue. The person I spoke with at DeLORME informed me that his finds were not showing up as well.

This only leaves the problem to be with Geocaching.com

I have word from a reliable source Groundspeak fixed this issue. Please come back and let us know if you're still having problems or not.

Happy caching!

The only issue now is that when I post my find the signature is being truncated.

What should be "Another fun find by KK7X of the North Idaho D's"

Becomes "Another fun find by KK7X o" so "f the North Idaho D's" is being dropped.

I will try a longer post without the signature line and see if the same thing happens.

Thanks! :)

I have word from a reliable source Groundspeak fixed this issue. Please come back and let us know if you're still having problems or not.

Happy caching!

The only issue now is that when I post my find the signature is being truncated.

Becomes "Another fun find by KK7X o" so "f the North Idaho D's" is being dropped.

I will try a longer post without the signature line and see if the same thing happens.

As I indicated in the DeLorme forums, your total post is going to be a maximum of 41 characters. Even though you didn't mention what you're putting in the comments, I'll wager the total count is beyond 41 characters. This includes the Found it switch, spaces, and line feeds.

Thanks TL - Somehow I missed the 41 character limit. Is this a SPOT limitation?

The best way is to keep it short - TFTC and edit the log later with more information. I know that when someone finds one of my caches I want to see more than just TFTC.

KK7X

Happy caching!

I guess you're lucky it didn't just use the truncated part. B)

Thanks TL - Somehow I missed the 41 character limit. Is this a SPOT limitation?

The best way is to keep it short - TFTC and edit the log later with more information. I know that when someone finds one of my caches I want to see more than just TFTC.

KK7X

Obviously, I'm not TL, but yes, that is a SPOT limitation.