Bye, Bye Britannia...

MarcB

Looks like another travel bug has gone AWOL...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=14521

Seems like someone has took it in between me and the last person (who dropped it off).

What do you think the chances are of it reappearing? There were no logs in the book of it being taken, but everything else in the cache (including another travel bug) was in perfect condition.

MarcB

"We searched for hours in the cache area but all we could find was an ammo box in a little hollow. Suggest you archive the cache..."

quote:
Originally posted by MarcB:

Looks like another travel bug has gone AWOL...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=14521

Seems like someone has took it in between me and the last person (who dropped it off).

What do you think the chances are of it reappearing? There were no logs in the book of it being taken, but everything else in the cache (including another travel bug) was in perfect condition.

MarcB

It's far from impossible. Someone without a login took my bug from a cache at the end of October... a month later, they finally got an account and logged the bug. They still haven't logged any caches, not even the one they took the bug from, but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll drop it in another cache someday... even if they don't log it properly, at least it will get back in circulation.

So, if it's only been a couple of weeks.. well, I'd be discouraged that they didn't write in the logbook, but miracles do happen. Wouldn't hold my breath, but wouldn't graveyard the bug yet either.

You beat me to it by a few minutes! Simes has placed it in "An Aqueduct place to hide" which he got mixed up with "Aqueduct Cache".

An Aqueduct Place to Hide

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=22265

As suspected Brittiania is now in here [icon_biggrin.gif]

Great news!

MarcB

"We searched for hours in the cache area but all we could find was an ammo box in a little hollow. Suggest you archive the cache..."

I saw that log some time ago, and even posted something about it on one of the forums! Do you have any idea from which cache it came?

I've been laughing about that one for ages, but never bothered to note the cache for future reference.

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

It was from "the hunt/the unusual" forum...

"Funny cache logs" (or something simliar) was the topic title. As for the cache name, no idea icon_rolleyes.gif

MarcB