Travel Bug "Reference Number". How do I use it?

Silly Dilly Duo

I recently saw a TB dropped off in one of my Caches. it is supposed to be in a race with two others back home. they have a reference number, and I noticed reference numbers on the other TBs. I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the reference number.

They are:

Mac Mass (TB112F)

Crocodile Hunter (TB143F)

Cross-country Bike (TB1551)

Mac Mass is currently in [http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=4399]Back from the abyss[/url]

How do I find the other two? icon_confused.gif

Use the 'Hide & seek a cache' button in the left frame of your geocaching.com browser window. Near the bottom of that page, there is a field labeled 'Or, Enter a waypoint:'. Enter the TBnnnn id into that box and hit find! -WR

"Why worry when you can obsess?"

In case you're wondering why there's a reference number that's separate from the tag serial number, it's so that we have a way of tracking a travel bug, without being privy to the access code for "grabbing" it. (Only those who actually handle the bug should know what the actual tag number is.)

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

[This message was edited by Zuckerruebensirup on May 07, 2002 at 11:50 AM.]

Originally posted by Zuckerruebensirup:

In case you're wondering __why__ there's a reference number that's separate from the tag serial number, it's so that we have a way of tracking a travel bug, without being privy to the access code for "grabbing" it. (Only those who actually handle the bug should know what the actual tag number is.)

Thank you. I was about to ask this question, and you answered it so well.

Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com