Who reviews earthcaches in Iceland?

peter-tvm

After my seven week long vacation in Iceland I have ideas to make two earthcaches. But before I get started I would like to know if it is possible to make an earthcache out of ideas. I feel that it´s necessary becouse these two topics are a little different from the others earthcaches in Iceland.

So who do I contact to ask for guidence about possible earthcache places/topics?

Your best bet is merely to write up and submit your Earthcaches. I'm not sure you would get a definitive answer without the EC Reviewer being able to see the Description. It sounds like you're aware of the need to not duplicate the information in nearby Listings, so as long as your Description is in compliance with all other aspects of the Earthcache Guidelines, I suspect you'll do fine.

Here's some additional information on finding a Reviewer for the area however:

Finding a Reviewer

Good luck!

After my seven week long vacation in Iceland I have ideas to make two earthcaches. But before I get started I would like to know if it is possible to make an earthcache out of ideas. I feel that it´s necessary becouse these two topics are a little different from the others earthcaches in Iceland.

So who do I contact to ask for guidence about possible earthcache places/topics?

Does this not also apply to Earthcaches?

Guidelines that apply to all cache types

It may be difficult to fulfill your maintenance obligations if you place a cache while traveling on vacation or otherwise outside of your normal caching area. These caches may not be published unless you are able to demonstrate an acceptable maintenance plan. It is not uncommon for caches to go missing, areas to be cleared, trails to be blocked or closed, objects used for multi-cache or puzzles to be moved or removed, etc. Your maintenance plan must allow for a quick response to reported problems.

The territory in which a geocacher is able to maintain caches responsibly will vary from one person to the next. An active geocacher who regularly visits areas hundreds of miles apart can demonstrate their ability to maintain a cache 100 miles from home. A geocacher whose previous finds and hides are all within 25 miles of their home would likely not see their cache published if placed 250 miles away from their home.

If you have special circumstances, please describe your maintenance plan on your cache page. For example, if you have made arrangements with a local geocacher to watch over your distant cache for you, that geocacher’s name should be mentioned on your cache page.

Generally speaking, no, since by definition, an Earthcache has nothing to maintain at the cache page coordinates (i.e. no container).

To anticipate your next response, yes, if something changes at the site that makes the Listing irrelevant, then I think it would be appropriate to contact the Cache Owner to either update the page or Archive it.

Generally speaking, no, since by definition, an Earthcache has nothing to maintain at the cache page coordinates (i.e. no container).

To anticipate your next response, yes, if something changes at the site that makes the Listing irrelevant, then I think it would be appropriate to contact the Cache Owner to either update the page or Archive it.

I am the reviewer of EarthCaches in Iceland.

You can email me at glewis@geosociety.org