PiGo

me2d09

Unbelievable: iPhone Wherigo app is there. Unfortunatelly I have no apple device so I can not test it. Please try it and send sb. word.

rangerfox: this seems as non official Groundspeak app - is it supported and allowed?

Does anybody know WherPiGo internal engine details? (what version of lua, available lua libraries, working with time...)

I have tried it on two of my cartridges in Sweden and it workes nice. The accuracy is not so good as in oregon 550 and it shows distance only in US feet not metric. As the display is big it looks nice and bright. Some of the pictures I have in the game comes out 90degree wrong but it is ok. I had to extend the zones about 30% as I did not hit the zone in the first I tried but as I know were the zones were I stayed until the information came up but for a normal player they have I go around a bit to find the center.The creators of cartridges has to test it and extend the zones in some places. The application is nice and saves the game good and is not effected if you get a call in the middle of the game.

Thanks Pi-Soft Consulting and greetings for this application from us all.

j-annie

Sweden

I had the pleasure and honor of beta testing this app on my cartridge here in Maryland. Haha I just noticed it is in the screenshot of the app in the app store. I can't tell you how pleased I am it made it through the approval process. I was sending good karma vibes to Apple for weeks!

Congrats on the app!

I had the pleasure and honor of beta testing this app on my cartridge here in Maryland. Haha I just noticed it is in the screenshot of the app in the app store. I can't tell you how pleased I am it made it through the approval process. I was sending good karma vibes to Apple for weeks!

Congrats on the app!

Thanks! Version 1.2 is on its sluggish way and fixes a lot of issues. I added km/m as an option, plus increased zone distance tolerances by 50%, which I think will help some.

I downloaded the app and shut my iphone down and restarted. The app starts but I cannot download cartridges. When I get to a cartridge page, I am prompted to sign in, when I click "Sign In", all I get is a javascript popup. I can sign in on the "My Home" page but when I go back to the cartridge page I am logged out. Anyone?

Everyone is having the same problem right now. I suspect it's something wrong with the website since version 1.1 of PiGo was working for some time before this problem started. There have been a number of recent errors on the website which lead me to suspect that they've been making some changes over there, one of which caused this problem with PiGo. I don't know if anyone's working to fix it though. :blink:

Pigo is fine. Apparently the actual error lies in the Wherigo web site which yields a Javascript error while trying to activate the link: "Can't find variable: __doPostBack".

Trying on a vanilla Safari browser, either on iPhone or iPad, leads to the same error.

There's not much the Pigo team could do. The ball is in Groundspeak's court.

Here's a trivial yet working workaround: follow the "My home" link instead of the "Sign in" link.

And there you reach the sign in page!

Edit: mouth open, insert foot. You apparently need to sign in again in order to actually download a cartridge. Back to square one.

Edited by axey

I downloaded the app and shut my iphone down and restarted. The app starts but I cannot download cartridges. When I get to a cartridge page, I am prompted to sign in, when I click "Sign In", all I get is a javascript popup. I can sign in on the "My Home" page but when I go back to the cartridge page I am logged out. Anyone?

Ditto problem. Hope Groundspeak fixes this soon. Having it on an iPhone will open up many, many more geocacherst to Wherigo.

I was so excited and was going out to find a Wherigo until the sign-in problem <_<

I finally found a work around and loaded three cartridges into my iPhone. The PiGo people suggested that one can download the cartridge to a computer (I have a Mac) and load the cartridge to the PiGo app via iTunes. After downloading the cartridges to my computer, I synced up my iPhone and checked out the contents of My phone. Under Apps, there is a section that lists apps that share files. After highlighting the PiGo app, you click "add", navigate to the cartridge you downloaded, and BINGO! :)

I had the same problem

If you open Safari then sign into Wherigo and then open PiGo and sign in. the cartridge downloaded ok.

Hope this works for you

:huh:

I too am having this problem!!! Anyone!?!?

Ramona

spstanley created and published the app, 10Finger$Bandits. To my knowledge, Groundspeak has not started developing a Wherigo Player app for either the iPhone or Android.

What would really help all Player developers is a cartridge listing and download web service. spstanley has made a good effort to try to allow people to download a cartridge from the app. However, web services is the answer to these woes--and these can't be provided without Groundspeak.

Your interest in regular updates shows just how much PiGo is valued.

i was having the "sign in" problem too, but once i cleared the cookies and cache i loaded a Wherigo easily. ive already completed this specific cartridge, so i am looking forward to comparing the app to an actual GPSr.

The last time I downloaded a cartridge I had some problems with this method. It helped to turn the iphone off after clearing the cookies, open Wherigo in Safari and then go into Pigo.

As an experiment I tried emailing a cartridge to me using gmail and then seeing if Pigo could import it from there. Geosphere used to have to use this method with pqs, before they were made available for direct dowload. It did not work with Pigo, but that kind of method (through email, dropbox, or the like) might be worth considering in future updates.

Downloaded version 1.2.1 yesterday via itunes on to my iphone 3GS. downloaded a cartridge direct to my iphone choosing the PPC option and done my first Wherigo cache today. Works perfectly :)

Wow! Thanks for the heads up MC. It is SOOOOOO nice having that functionality back. Just did the update and successfully downloaded a Cart directly to my iPhone B)

Hi, we (another cacher and me) just tested one cartridge of mine and came into some problems: I use Urwigo Builder and in one zone I use an "if nextzone.display = true". It seems as if this doesn't work.

Because I don't have an iphone I cannot test this. I changed the code of my cartridge to use another condition, so I will see if this works when someone else will try my cache.

Could this be a bug in PiGo?

Thomas

Hi, we (another cacher and me) just tested one cartridge of mine and came into some problems: I use Urwigo Builder and in one zone I use an "if nextzone.display = true". It seems as if this doesn't work.

I don't know the PiGo release schedule, but 2 or 3 weeks ago there was no support in it for the Lua values "true" and "false". They are fairly recent additions to Lua. You can just say "if nextzone.display then". To compare against false, either negate the condition, or compare with "nil".

I don't know the PiGo release schedule, but 2 or 3 weeks ago there was no support in it for the Lua values "true" and "false". They are fairly recent additions to Lua. You can just say "if nextzone.display then". To compare against false, either negate the condition, or compare with "nil".

Bonjour :)

I use Urwigo, so I can't use this solution.

I have an iPhone since november. I discovered this application by accident! I tried it. I like Wherigos. But the iPhone doesn't have a good precision. I'm doing geocaching with my iPhone and my Garmin eTrex Legend H for precision. I think Pigo should also show, beside distance and bearing to go, coordinates of center points of zones and coordinates of the finale.

I have an iPhone since november. I discovered this application by accident! I tried it. I like Wherigos. But the iPhone doesn't have a good precision. I'm doing geocaching with my iPhone and my Garmin eTrex Legend H for precision. I think Pigo should also show, beside distance and bearing to go, coordinates of center points of zones and coordinates of the finale.

What I think you're asking for is that when PiGo is navigating to a place and (presumably) displaying an arrow, it should also display the target coordinates, so that you could copy those coordinates to your Etrex and navigate using that.

That would be OK for going to the final cache, but in the case of zones it might not help. Wherigo is going to give you the next clue, etc, based on where Wherigo - that is, the iPhone - thinks you are, not based on where your Etrex thinks you are. :)

Sorry to bring up an old thread...

My husband and I were on vacation and noticed a 'Wherigo' nearbye. So, we quickly downloaded the APP and the cartridge to the iphone (and the Oregon).

Funny how the Oregan got us about 1/2 way thru it before it locked up and we couldn't get it back. It was definately something to do with the Wherigo player in the Oregon (everything else worked fine). So, we continued with the iphone. It got us the entire way thru the process until - at the end location, we were supposed to be presented with coordinates to a 'cache' find. This was our first Wherigo and our first usage of Pigo....so I'm not sure where those coordinates were supposed to display for us (we're using the FREE app) but it kept putting us back to the 'list' and we tried poking around in the app to find them. Logged the find anyway but never found the 'cache'.

So - could this be due to us using the FREE app? Or is this something within PiGo? Or the catridge?

Any tips would be great!!