Cheap trackable TB tags?

somegeek

They were $3.00 and were that inexpensive because they were fundraisers. In the most part donated by the manufacture so the event could make a bit off or each even at that price.

I can tell you that a new version for one of next years MEGA events has already been designed and should start selling in December.

I purchased a half dozen of the 2010 Cachekinz Geocoinfest tags and just went back for more but they're sold out. I think they were $2.75.

Anyone know of a cheap source like this for proper GC trackable tags?

Thanks,

somegeek

The cheapest ones I know of are at islandbuttons.com -- $2.99 per pair. (They are buttons, though, so they may not be as durable as dogtags.)

I've never ordered from them, so I can't give any feedback about their service.

They were $3.00 and were that inexpensive because they were fundraisers. In the most part donated by the manufacture so the event could make a bit off or each even at that price.

I can tell you that a new version for one of next years MEGA events has already been designed and should start selling in December.

Good to know and thanks for this - I will keep an eye out.

The cheapest ones I know of are at islandbuttons.com -- $2.99 per pair. (They are buttons, though, so they may not be as durable as dogtags.)

I've never ordered from them, so I can't give any feedback about their service.

Thanks for another option. Could always use this site to obtain tracking numbers to use on custom made items.

somegeek

Edited by somegeek
8 hours ago, ruutherford said:

@somegeek you do t need to buy buttons to get codes to attach to your custom trackables. You can do that here (ha! Oops, this thread is 8 years old. Oh well, for posterity!) 

https://www.geocaching.com/account/orders/new

18 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

Minimum 50 codes, and the TB design must be approved by Groundspeak.

Yep.  It's not as simple as buy codes, have trackable.  :)

Mostly used by geocoin and trackable tag manufacturers, who are familiar with all the requirements needed to use those codes. 

9 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Yep.  It's not as simple as buy codes, have trackable.  :)

Mostly used by geocoin and trackable tag manufacturers, who are familiar with all the requirements needed to use those codes. 

In case the OP is still waiting for replies about inexpensive tags, the Geocaching shop has a few sets of tags remaining on clearance.  It works out to $3.00 per tag.  And since it includes free shipping, it's likely the least expensive option, while they last.

Edited by kunarion