Travel Bugs

willowbrookfarm

I grab as many as I can (well, I only grab one if there are several in the cache so as to give others a chance to get one also). Since this is all new to me I have no problems finding large enough caches. I only have 47 finds to my name right now so that definitely helps.

I am thinking of not picking up travel bugs anymore. There are so few caches I find lately that are large enough to place a travel bug, I get stuck holding on to them for far too long.

Just wondering if others feel the same way...

Yep, eventually the cache options are limited. I tend to move bugs by revisiting a few select caches in the direction the bug wants to go.

Most bug owners would be happy to see that you had a good time with their bug, more so than taking it on long trip. "Hey, your bug was our guest for dinner, here are the photos." "Here it is with our geo-car." "Friday night at the football game." "Watching Saturday morning cartoons with the kids." "Interesting traveler, I remember one time when...."

Then you drop it off at the next cache.

I tend to move bugs by revisiting a few select caches in the direction the bug wants to go.

Most bug owners would be happy to see that you had a good time with their bug, more so than taking it on long trip. "Hey, your bug was our guest for dinner, here are the photos." "Here it is with our geo-car." "Friday night at the football game." "Watching Saturday morning cartoons with the kids." "Interesting traveler, I remember one time when...."

Then you drop it off at the next cache.

I agree. I send out TBs to see logs (and possibly photos). I want to know "who" is seeing my bugs, rather that how many miles it can go. So, I try to treat the bugs I find in this way as well.

I pick up trackables all the time and try to move them along as quick as possible.

There is nothing that says you have to place the trackable in a cache you have not found yet. I use a cache that is just down the road from my place. I found and logged it back when I first started caching. I drive by it almost every day and use it to drop off trackables if I am not going to be caching within the next few days.