The Cache Reaper - From the Beginning to the End

Worlds2See

Hi everyone,

I have only been geocaching for 2 days so please excuse my ignorance.

Today in one of my finds I found a coin with a sticker saying "the cache reaper from the beginning to the end". I thought I would do what I thought was right by logging it online then passing it on. However there isn't a code anywhere.

Should I have left it in the cache? What do I do now?

Please help a newbie out!

Edited by Worlds2See

It sounds like you found a really cool piece of swag. If there isn't a tracking number (check on the edge as they are sometimes there) then it is yours to keep and do with as you wish. You should leave something in return for it. If you can go back to the cache then leave swag there. If you can't go there then pay it forward and leave something good in another cache. Of course I could take if off your hands ;)

Welcome to geocaching and the forums!!

It sounds like you found a really cool piece of swag. If there isn't a tracking number (check on the edge as they are sometimes there) then it is yours to keep and do with as you wish. You should leave something in return for it. If you can go back to the cache then leave swag there. If you can't go there then pay it forward and leave something good in another cache. Of course I could take if off your hands ;)

Welcome to geocaching and the forums!!

~ EXCELLENT words of wisdom ! Especially the pay it forward . . .

Hi everyone,

Today in one of my finds I found a coin with a sticker saying "the cache reaper from the beginning to the end". I thought I would do what I thought was right by logging it online then passing it on. However there isn't a code anywhere.

If is it not so much for you. You also could send it to me. ;-)

No its a great gift. So hold it and you could be lucky to found one of this great mystery´s.

Best Regards René

Hi everyone,

Hi World2see, We believe that what you found is a mystery Coin. Congratulations, please don't quote me but I am pretty sure it is yours to keep. Would love to see a picture:)

Hope the mystery coin really made your geocaching experiences a happy one:) If we find a geocoin in a cache we always leave one for someone else to find or some kind of personal swag.

Edited by sweetlife
Not realizing how awesome a find it was I left a light purple golf ball.

Guess I am going to have to rethink what I trade with. What do you all recommend?

trade up, trade even, or don't trade at all is the rule many of us use... most coins are around the $10 range, but untimately it is what you feel comfortable with, I generally trade a coin for a coin in cases like this, but it is extremely rare to run across personal or mystery coins in a cache anymore... congrats on such a great find...

Hi World2see, We believe that what you found is a mystery Coin. Congratulations, please don't quote me but I am pretty sure it is yours to keep. Would love to see a picture:)

Hope the mystery coin really made your geocaching experiences a happy one:) If we find a geocoin in a cache we always leave one for someone else to find or some kind of personal swag.

I hope I figured out how to show you the photos.

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Edited by Worlds2See

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

definitely the cache reaper mystery coin, copper version.

Not realizing how awesome a find it was I left a light purple golf ball.

Guess I am going to have to rethink what I trade with. What do you all recommend?

trade up, trade even, or don't trade at all is the rule many of us use... most coins are around the $10 range, but untimately it is what you feel comfortable with, I generally trade a coin for a coin in cases like this, but it is extremely rare to run across personal or mystery coins in a cache anymore... congrats on such a great find...

It is good to trade a coin for a coin if you have one. But most cachers do not have coins, much less carry them around to place in caches. Just put something nice in the next cache, maybe something you no longer want to keep.

Slash On!

Today I received a Cache Reaper and Bell Witch coin from a mystery person, i assume the Reaper them self. Thank you so very much, ive been after one of these coins for some time, especially at GW7 but was just a little late. Good news comes in sets i know that, ive been having a really good past few days. Thank you again for the coins they will go with my other mystery coin collection.

Shoko.

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

What an awesome find! And being a Newbie, this really makes Geocaching stand out!! Way to go! Just place some really nice swag in the next cache you go to.

(Some of us have lusted after this coin to add to our collections for a LOOOONG time! You're lucky!!)

Hooray! Yesterday I received a mailer from me to me :D You know what that means! The greatest gifts ever! I love this coin! It is beautiful.... the character on the front is very mysterious.... hope he isn't looking for anything other than caches :D

Thanks so much mystery sender!

294c2459-834a-4fc8-8da7-d8590f98bf8b.jpg?rnd=0.8419826

Congratulations that’s awesome I wonder what the payback is .. hey is that a sickle he’s carrying :ph34r::P