The {PINK YIME} Project for Breast Cancer

YemonYime

Today, I recieved a very special gift from a very special cacher.

I activated it... MAMA'S PRETTY IN PINK YIME.

It was in a pink pouch and also the Pink Yemon Yime PIN.

I don't collect pins, so I will be auctioning off the pin with 100% of the sale going to Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Thank You

pinkclick.jpg

Announcing the re-mint of

{PINK YIMES}

Reservations are now open!

After many requests, and a few dozen misdirected e-mails, reservations are now open for the re-mint of {PINK YIME} Geocoins.

Click on the image above, or visit YemonYime.com.

The Pink Yime Geocoins are trackable on geocaching.com, and will carry this unique custom icon:

pinkyime32.gif

Reservations for the re-mint will be taken through Monday, October 25th, and are taken on your honor, as the final re-mint quantities will be based on these reservations. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, a sizable donation will be made toward the charity I feel does the most good towards the prevention of breast cancer. The Pink Yime Geocoins will come with a pin and pouch as before, but a slight change to the enamel is planned. For more details on reservations, please visit the {PINK YIME} Project.

Thank you for your support!

Edited by YemonYime

Can you buy more from the re-mint is you already have two from first mint?

Yes, the limit is up to eight. The reason for the first limit was mainly to allow more people to get their hands on these directly, but also to deter resellers from hording them and putting them on eBay for bigger profits. With this re-mint though, I'm not as concerned with that happening.

However, there may still be some higher volume "business-oriented" resellers that will list these on eBay and make a good buck because their clientele might not be aware of the re-mint. I'm hoping that through your peer pressure, these bigger resellers will take up my challenge and donate a portion of what they make on any Pink Yimes sold on eBay.

I tried to use the form to order but it kept on telling me my email address was wrong (it wasn't). So, I sent my order information to the contact address provided.

Got your e-mail. :D

Can you please let us know how much you raise when this is all over?

Absolutely.

I'll be posting the donation amount on my website after everything is tallied, and the "pink" has left the building. I'm hoping to raise a very nice amount to send towards a good cause. :P

I`ve been so busy the last 10 days of my vacation that I missed the first chance on getting one of these. I was told that I received a padded mailer yesterday. Finally had the chance of opening it up today from one of the most generous, nicest coiners I know, DrNeal. Inside was a pink bag, pin and Pink Yime along with 2 wooden cutout coins of his dogs. I was at the cabin last weekend with no internet, only my phone, and accidentally deleted his e-mail before I had the chance to read it. figured it would be on my home PC but it wasnt. been so busy forgot to e-mail him asking what it was about. This one means a lot to me as I stated before and words just cant Thank You enough DRNeal, and Yime, for this one.

Reservation info submitted...

Since this thread started I have been thinking about breast cancer and have so far been lucky that no one in my immediate family has been diagnosed with this awful disease. Not that I don't know some people who have had this cancer attack them, I have a couple of friends and some non-immediate family members who have been diagnosed and treated for this disease.

So, with a little extra time on my hands this past few days I came up with a way that I can (hopefully) make a difference. I have looked through my coins and have selected five activated but not yet released coins that I will be sending out with a special message. The message is to spread more awareness about breast cancer and more importantly to help with the cure. All five of these coins will have a special pink laminated card attached to them explaining the mission of each coin. The missions are quite simple, move the coin to another cache as soon as possible.

Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

But where does helping with the cure come into play?

Quite simple actually... For every cacher that moves one of these special coins to another cache in the next twelve months, I will personally donate $1.00 to a breast cancer charity of my choice (I have already chosen my charity). Hopefully with this kind of mission, these coins won't get stolen or lost and will move quite a distance in the coming year...

Not that I plan on stopping at only five geocoins. I am going to look through the coins again and see which other coins I can add to this mission of mine.

If you want to see the coins that I have already selected for this mission, go to my geocaching profile and check them out. Feel free to add them to your watchlists so that you can follow them yourself. Also, if anyone is interested in any of the woding or anything else on my coins pages, just ask me and you can use it too...

Now lets get out there and find a cure for this disease!!!

save_the_ta_tas.png

Since this thread started I have been thinking about breast cancer and have so far been lucky that no one in my immediate family has been diagnosed with this awful disease. Not that I don't know some people who have had this cancer attack them, I have a couple of friends and some non-immediate family members who have been diagnosed and treated for this disease.

So, with a little extra time on my hands this past few days I came up with a way that I can (hopefully) make a difference. I have looked through my coins and have selected five activated but not yet released coins that I will be sending out with a special message. The message is to spread more awareness about breast cancer and more importantly to help with the cure. All five of these coins will have a special pink laminated card attached to them explaining the mission of each coin. The missions are quite simple, move the coin to another cache as soon as possible.

Quite simple actually... For every cacher that moves one of these special coins to another cache in the next twelve months, I will personally donate $1.00 to a breast cancer charity of my choice (I have already chosen my charity). Hopefully with this kind of mission, these coins won't get stolen or lost and will move quite a distance in the coming year...

Not that I plan on stopping at only five geocoins. I am going to look through the coins again and see which other coins I can add to this mission of mine.

If you want to see the coins that I have already selected for this mission, go to my geocaching profile and check them out. Feel free to add them to your watchlists so that you can follow them yourself. Also, if anyone is interested in any of the woding or anything else on my coins pages, just ask me and you can use it too...

save_the_ta_tas.png

WOW!!!! WHAT a GUY!!! your AWESOME JOHN!!!

My Pink Yimes have arrived. Thank you very much for a good idea which gave us the chance to buy a very much wanted coin with a clear conscience because we did it for a good cause. :huh:

This was also the reason why I bid high on the other Yime that Opalsns put on eBay. I was happy to pay that price. I wanted to donate a little bit extra but there was no room for it unfortunately.

Thanks guys :yikes:

Thank You for your bid,

That coin came in a trade for my Mystery coin, so that I could get some money for wood for heat this winter.It came while the pink yime was introduced. I knew I had to Give a portion to the cause. Now ALL my Geocoin Sales have a portion donated to this great cause , that Yime has opened so many eyes to!!!!

ohh and it's in the mail!!!!!

It's a Beauty, Enjoy!!!!!

save_the_ta_tas.png

:yikes: That is absolutely fantastic!!! You ROCK John :huh:

SAVE THE TA-TA'S!!!

What will be the change in the enamel? A different shade, placement, translucency or won't we even notice? I love the 2 I got.

ditto on this question :yikes:

I was looking at my coin yesterday and noticed that that on the back the "Yime" lettering on the left side is under pink translucent, but the "Yemon" lettering on the right side is color filled solid pink (You can't see the lettering). If you look at a normal v3 they are both under translucent fill. That what I'd assume will be corrected in the next minting.

Edited by Team kizb

What will be the change in the enamel? A different shade, placement, translucency or won't we even notice? I love the 2 I got.

ditto on this question :lol:

I was looking at my coin yesterday and noticed that that on the back the "Yime" lettering on the left side is under pink translucent, but the "Yemon" lettering on the right side is color filled solid pink (You can't see the lettering). If you look at a normal v3 they are both under translucent fill. That what I'd assume will be corrected in the next minting.

That's pretty much correct...well, except that the side you're referring to is the front. :P

The darker "cranberry" enamel on the right front was to be an opaque PMS 227, much like the light pink PMS 217 is on the left. Afterall, the coin's about breast cancer...so more pink, less yime. But, as you can see, the mint managed to create a brand new translucent color...just for YOU!!! :P

I can't tell ya how many times I've had stuff come back from the mint with an unexpected twist. (Like the first batch of my V1 personals that glowed blue instead of yellow) I've just come expect the unexpected from them.

So yes, that is the only planned change to the "V3.2" coin...which I suppose would now be "V3.2.1". ;)

So what was v3.1?

The rare and mysterious Yime Tree has been known to produce many variations of citrus. But some of the more diverse species of fruit it produces can be found in the upper latitudes. These are just some examples of recent discoveries.

The Gamma Ray Yime (Citrus Radius, V3.0) is an unstable, state-protected citrus with radioactive properties that has been the focus of much debate amongst the scientific community. Some believe it's hazardous to humans, but others believe its thermonuclear juices can be used as an enjoyable apertif, or anti-freeze alternative.

TH3 R3D YIM3 (Citrus Revoltus, V3.1) is an enigmatic and rare fruit indeed. It is rumored that in the early 90's, spray-painted images of Red Yimes were often found among the rubble of the recently demolished Berlin Wall. Some say its mere presence in a fruit cup can motivate the family to get out and do yardwork, or even take on the neighbors in a game of tackle football.

{PINK YIMES} (Citrus Preventus, V3.2 and V3.2.1) are a lighter-shade variation to The Red Yime, and also used as a source of motivation. Specifically, to generate awareness and donations towards the prevention of breast cancer. :P

Keep in mind, that I had to consult my local citrusologist to find the proper scientific classifications. ;)

save_the_ta_tas.png

:anitongue: That is absolutely fantastic!!! You ROCK John :anicute:

SAVE THE TA-TA'S!!!

Cute for a bumper sticker. My son made his own T-shirt that said "Save the Boobies" ... which, of course, would NOT be allowed to be worn at school. To get around that and being a smarty pants that he is, he said if anyone asked it was to save the Blue Footed Boobies - which for those who don't know, is a bird! :anitongue::rolleyes:

Just submitted our pre-order :anicute: Really looking forward to seeing these!

Sharon's cousin has been a breast cancer survivor for years, so this geocoin certainly has meaning for us, but I (Jim) am also a cancer survivor. Thus, my question is this: when is someone going to make a prostate cancer geocoin? Can't begin to imagine what the design would be... actually, I *can* imagine what some designs might be, but none of them are likely to be approved by TPtB :anitongue::rolleyes: Oh, fie :anitongue: Well, we'll let this geocoin serve for *all* forms of cancer, I suppose. Ultimately, success in battling one form is likely to help in fighting others.

So what was v3.1?

The rare and mysterious Yime Tree has been known to produce many variations of citrus. But some of the more diverse species of fruit it produces can be found in the upper latitudes. These are just some examples of recent discoveries.

The Gamma Ray Yime (Citrus Radius, V3.0) is an unstable, state-protected citrus with radioactive properties that has been the focus of much debate amongst the scientific community. Some believe it's hazardous to humans, but others believe its thermonuclear juices can be used as an enjoyable apertif, or anti-freeze alternative.

TH3 R3D YIM3 (Citrus Revoltus, V3.1) is an enigmatic and rare fruit indeed. It is rumored that in the early 90's, spray-painted images of Red Yimes were often found among the rubble of the recently demolished Berlin Wall. Some say its mere presence in a fruit cup can motivate the family to get out and do yardwork, or even take on the neighbors in a game of tackle football.

{PINK YIMES} (Citrus Preventus, V3.2 and V3.2.1) are a lighter-shade variation to The Red Yime, and also used as a source of motivation. Specifically, to generate awareness and donations towards the prevention of breast cancer. :anitongue:

Keep in mind, that I had to consult my local citrusologist to find the proper scientific classifications. :rolleyes:

I've seen a Gamma Ray Yime, but not a TH3 R3D YIM3. What does it look like?

incase you dident see the mail, something is on its way back to you!!! :D

Yes, got your email, and this is going to be an awesome item to go towards the cause.

Jay has graciously donated his time and materials to create a wire wrap for a Pink Yime. When it arrives I'll post pics and start an auction with all proceeds going to the same cause.

Thanks so much for doing this, I can't wait to see it!

What does a TH3 R3D YIM3 look like and were can I find one?

Heading out the door right now, and I can't find the picture link. But I think if you google "red yime", there was actually a worthpoint.com review on it with pictures.

Found it, very cool looking version! But with only 21 made I have the feeling not easy to find. Any one actually own one of these rare Yimes?

Another batch of Pink Yimes went out in the mail yesterday (Friday). So for anyone who has paid their invoice, your coins have shipped!

I have placed my reservation quite a few days ago, but I haven't received an invoice yet. Is there something I'm missing, or did my reservation not go through?

Another batch of Pink Yimes went out in the mail yesterday (Friday). So for anyone who has paid their invoice, your coins have shipped!

I have placed my reservation quite a few days ago, but I haven't received an invoice yet. Is there something I'm missing, or did my reservation not go through?

Nope, you're not missing anything. The invoices mentioned earlier were for the first set of these that were in hand at the time.

Your reservation is in for the remint, and will help me determine how many coins to order. I will send out the invoices when the coins are in hand.

Edited by YemonYime