The {PINK YIME} Project for Breast Cancer

YemonYime

Invoice received and paid (yippee)

As a certified mammographer, I have to agree - don't forget your annual mammograms ladies!

Just last week we diagnosed a 35 year old who asked for a baseline mammogram herself. Her cancer is TINY and her prognosis is very good. If she had not requested this early mammogram, it would have been several years before this could have grown large enough to feel and then only if she was doing regular self-exams would she have found it before it had a chance to spread. Of course, by then her prognosis wouldn't be so good.

Glad to watch the mail for these beautiful coins. They will be near and dear.

Janet

Invoice received and paid (yippee)

As a certified mammographer, I have to agree - don't forget your annual mammograms ladies!

Just last week we diagnosed a 35 year old who asked for a baseline mammogram herself. Her cancer is TINY and her prognosis is very good. If she had not requested this early mammogram, it would have been several years before this could have grown large enough to feel and then only if she was doing regular self-exams would she have found it before it had a chance to spread. Of course, by then her prognosis wouldn't be so good.

Glad to watch the mail for these beautiful coins. They will be near and dear.

Janet

Not trying to highjack this thread which is about the coins, but I do want to also emphasize the importance of those self-exams. In my own experience, I felt a lump and even the diagnostic mammogram (which is more focused and should detect things that a screening mammogram might not) couldn't see the lump. That really weakened my confidence in mammograms, because my own cancer wouldn't have been detected from a screening mammogram and in fact hadn't been detected when I'd had a screening mammogram only a few months before (and it's not that it developed after that mammogram, because I've since learned that with a tumor the size of mine, the cancer was probably there for about 8 years prior to the diagnosis- kind of like diabetes, there are tons of people walking around with the condition- diabetes or breast cancer- and not even aware of it... yet). I do think mammograms are still important. I think the combination of self-exams and mammograms together hopefully will allow women (or men) to find anything that might be there lurking...

Wow, look at all the awareness this coin has already created!

Well folks, I have some good news and some bad news.

Let's start with the bad news. :cool:

After receiving an email from a very nice guy inquiring about an invoice, I started looking back through the "pinkyimes@yahoo.com" inbox and just couldn't find any sign of a previous request from him. Then I heard a little squeaking noise coming from the left sidebar. So I leaned in, looked a little closer, and discovered...

The Folder Of Misfit E-Mails!!!

Yes Virginia, there is a Spam-O-Claus, and he's a little folder with a dozen emails unfairly diverted into it by cutting edge Yahoo "anti-inconvenience" technology. Did I mention having a little trouble with PayPal's technology earlier today? Not the best tech day I've had... :P

So, yeah...there's a dozen of you whose emails got bullied aside by no fault of your own. Upon closer inspection, there would have only been one or two to make "the cut" anyway, but this leads me now to the good news...

Re-mint.

Let's do it. hapydancsmil.gif

But please, no "I'll take two" reservations here just yet, mKay? Gotta work out the details first, and then we'll go from there.

:cool:

Yes Virginia, there is a Spam-O-Claus, and he's a little folder with a dozen emails unfairly diverted into it by cutting edge Yahoo "anti-inconvenience" technology. Did I mention having a little trouble with PayPal's technology earlier today? Not the best tech day I've had... :cool:

So, yeah...there's a dozen of you whose emails got bullied aside by no fault of your own.

...my daddy said if I didn't straighten out I would wind up in the bit bucket.... :P

bummed I never got an invoice. I thought I was quick enough, I must have gotten stuck on the island of misfit emails. That's ok though cause news of a remint will give me time to save some extra $ and has me hopeful to get a few more than I originally planned. Even if they don't arrive in Oct for breast cancer awareness month. I'm still interested in about 6-8 of them.

Before you think it or ask, "No" not for resale purposes... for gifts! I'm at least hoping the remint is before Christmas and I can give them to some special cachers as Christmas gifts.

If and when I do get one, I'd like to come up with a way to put one in this local cache GC18D30 for discovery purposes without someone moving it or stealing it. The owner did a fantastic job with it and does an awesome job of maintaining it. The ammo can is painted pink on the inside and we drop Mardi Gras beads with pink ribbons as swag in it often. It's located on the property of the local cancer treatment center. I think to have a Pink Yime permanently in the cache would be awesome and a coin/icon many would be glad to have discovered....

bummed I never got an invoice. I thought I was quick enough, I must have gotten stuck on the island of misfit emails. That's ok though cause news of a remint will give me time to save some extra $ and has me hopeful to get a few more than I originally planned. Even if they don't arrive in Oct for breast cancer awareness month. I'm still interested in about 6-8 of them.

Before you think it or ask, "No" not for resale purposes... for gifts! I'm at least hoping the remint is before Christmas and I can give them to some special cachers as Christmas gifts.

If and when I do get one, I'd like to come up with a way to put one in this local cache GC18D30 for discovery purposes without someone moving it or stealing it. The owner did a fantastic job with it and does an awesome job of maintaining it. The ammo can is painted pink on the inside and we drop Mardi Gras beads with pink ribbons as swag in it often. It's located on the property of the local cancer treatment center. I think to have a Pink Yime permanently in the cache would be awesome and a coin/icon many would be glad to have discovered....

LL

I hope All Is Well .

What a cool idea for a cache!!!!!!!

if you are able to get a coin for this cache, maybe a layer of epoxy or even that clear resin could seal that coin to the lid. That may stop a thief. Glad there's a watchful eye, too.!!!

Oh and YAY for the remints!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by opalsns

LL

I hope All Is Well .

What a cool idea for a cache!!!!!!!

if you are able to get a coin for this cache, maybe a layer of epoxy or even that clear resin could seal that coin to the lid. That may stop a thief. Glad there's a watchful eye, too.!!!

Oh and YAY for the remints!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Since this is an ammocan cache, if the cache owner is willing, you may be able to work out a way to do something similar to what has been done with "Mission 9: Tunnel of Light" (The APE cache) for the two coins permenantly attached to it's lid. Those coins were drilled and riveted to a hinge, which was then rivetted to the lid, to keep both sides of the coins viewable.

Quick update for everyone.

About 95% of the paid orders have shipped. Got a few payments after I got home from the Post Office today, so I'll package those up and send them off tomorrow.

For those of you who ended up in "The Folder of Misfit Emails", and were among the earliest to send a message to the pinkyimes address, I will be in contact soon. The Pink Yime packages with pouches and pins are pretty much gone, but I still have some singles remaining.

For anyone who sent in a reservation after they were gone, or to another email address, I'll also be in contact when I can organize the list.

Thanks!

Since this is an ammocan cache, if the cache owner is willing, you may be able to work out a way to do something similar to what has been done with "Mission 9: Tunnel of Light" (The APE cache) for the two coins permenantly attached to it's lid. Those coins were drilled and riveted to a hinge, which was then rivetted to the lid, to keep both sides of the coins viewable.

not trying to highjack this fine thread, but isn't this the same cache that had the original lid stolen during geowoodstock?

...I don't want to give anyone a reason to steal the entire cache here.... maybe I'll try and come up with something that would be a bit less destructive of the coin or the cache...

not trying to highjack this fine thread, but isn't this the same cache that had the original lid stolen during geowoodstock?

...I don't want to give anyone a reason to steal the entire cache here.... maybe I'll try and come up with something that would be a bit less destructive of the coin or the cache...

Unfortunately, yes, Though the lid has been replaced, and has coins permanently attached again.

I fear you would take that risk with any sort of permanent attachment, I was just trying to suggest a way that has a fairly low impact to the ability to enjoy the coin, even if it does potentially devalue (possibly a good thing, if you fear theft) the coin by drilling it.

Well folks, I have some good news and some bad news.

Let's start with the bad news. :mad:

After receiving an email from a very nice guy inquiring about an invoice, I started looking back through the "pinkyimes@yahoo.com" inbox and just couldn't find any sign of a previous request from him. Then I heard a little squeaking noise coming from the left sidebar. So I leaned in, looked a little closer, and discovered...

Yes Virginia, there is a Spam-O-Claus, and he's a little folder with a dozen emails unfairly diverted into it by cutting edge Yahoo "anti-inconvenience" technology. Did I mention having a little trouble with PayPal's technology earlier today? Not the best tech day I've had... :blink:

So, yeah...there's a dozen of you whose emails got bullied aside by no fault of your own. Upon closer inspection, there would have only been one or two to make "the cut" anyway, but this leads me now to the good news...

Re-mint.

Let's do it. hapydancsmil.gif

But please, no "I'll take two" reservations here just yet, mKay? Gotta work out the details first, and then we'll go from there.

:mad:

It sounds like I was one of the "special" ones...

thanks Dave for finding me :mad:

invoice received and paid!

Yippie Yimmie!!!

Yimes,

I received your email and responded to it but have not heard back from you. Did I get lost in the misfit file again? :wub:

Nah, the misfit folder has been deactivated by turning off "Spam Guard". :D Pretty busy weekend here as always, but I will send out the few remaining invoices for coins on hand as soon as possible.

Plans for the re-mint are coming along. There may be a very slight change to one enamel, as the mint didn't follow through with a previous instruction. :grin:

I'll make an announcement on Monday as to how to place a reservation for the re-mint. Again, I ask...please DO NOT send requests through my GC profile regarding these coins, because e-mails end up going every which way and I can't organize them properly.

Thanks everyone, for your support. I have read some of your personal experiences, and also heard from some local people sharing the things they've gone through in dealing with breast cancer. The more information I gather, the better informed I'm becoming as to where the various charities invest their donations, and just how much is used towards real action. So, in the meantime, please continue to share your stories, and make your suggestions as to where a donation might get the most bang for the buck.

well,

I doubt that , but thank you, Yes , It was Yime and my Mom that inspired the donation.

I traded a Mystery coin to someone that really wanted it and they sent me the Yime to help me get wood... Wood Stove Heat is all I have, and Like many here, I've had a rough year.

Soon Yime will have many more Pink Yimes so everyone has a chance to help the cause. Yime has a challange that if anyone sells a pink yime ,they must donate a portion to a breast cancer foundation.

I challange everyone to donate, just 10% to that or their favorite charity through their ebay sales. What a difference it could make, everywhere.

geocoins are one of the hotest things selling on ebay. and there are at least 50 sellers here. Let's do it. The holidays are comeing and we could all help.

But Remember to Buy a Pink Yime soon.all yimes profits from the sale go to Breast Cancer Research.

My two pink yimes showed up and I would like to retrieve the activation codes. So per insert instructions, I went to coinsandpins.com and tried to find the link or whatever.

Somebody help me please? I know it has to be right in front of my face and probably glowing pink, but I can't see it.

B)

My two pink yimes showed up and I would like to retrieve the activation codes. So per insert instructions, I went to coinsandpins.com and tried to find the link or whatever.

Somebody help me please? I know it has to be right in front of my face and probably glowing pink, but I can't see it.

B)

about 1/3 of the way down o the right side of the www.coinsandpins.com page. little button ina rectangle that says get codes!

Hope that's what you're looking for!

ILYK

PS...check out the old timer geocoin...just saying!

PinkYimes in the mail today!!!!!!!! :) The pictures do not do this coin justice at all, it is so Beautiful and a great tribute, and reminder!!! My mom, a woman who thank goodness for early detection only had to have a lumpectomy stole my extra coin....guess it's ok though :rolleyes: If she wants it then she can for sure have it. Thanks again Yime