The {PINK YIME} Project for Breast Cancer

YemonYime

What a beautiful coin. I sure hope there are some available to be bought after today's event, and so if you're taking reservations, sign me up for 2 (if that's the limit), or five if it's not (that way I could also share one with my mom and sister who've been a huge support to me the past year as I dealt with this, and who are also very active cachers, though not active on these forums). As many people on this forum know, this is obviously something very close to my heart, after I was diagnosed with breast cancer less than a year ago, at only 42 years old. That's what prompted the development of the Breast Cancer Angel geocoin, and I'm in favor of any geocoins that help support breat cancer charities. As I got educated about cancer, I learned that one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. One in eight!!! :) What a high statistic! I was in shock when I learned that. Think of how many women you know and care about and divide that number by 8, and that's a lot of people that you care about who're going to be affected by this.

Of course Komen is the foremost breast cancer charity, but there are also other great ones out there, so I'm sure that since it sounds like you've done the research, whatever charity you donate to, it'll be a great thing. The charities that help out with medical expenses are definitely needed, as I was absolutely SHOCKED at how much it cost me to "have" breast cancer, despite having good health insurance; the charities that provide prevention and education are also great, and help contribute to earlier detection so that the impact is not as severe. I was able to get some assistance through the American Cancer Society with gas cards to help defray the costs of six weeks of daily treatment visits to the Cancer Center, which was sure a big help, so there are even organizations like that that aren't breast cancer specific that help breast cancer patients.

Thanks for developing the coin and supporting a good cause!

Yikes! My phone's blowing up with e-mails! :lol: Heh, gotta turn off push notifications for now, but keep 'em coming if you would like a Pink Yime.

Here's the ordering information cut and pasted:

~~~~~~~

{ Pink Yimes } are now available. The price is $15 each, or $28 for two, and includes a Pink Yime trackable geocoin with its own unique icon, my custom "Album Cover" flip art, and a Pink YemonYime Pin...all in a custom logo pink velvet drawstring pouch. In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, all profits from the sale of Pink Yimes will go towards a registered charity that focuses on the prevention of breast cancer.

If you would like to order, please send an e-mail to pinkyimes@yahoo.com that includes your name, mailing address and e-mail for PayPal billing. Shipping (with Delivery Confirmation) will be added and estimated fairly based on your location.

~~~~~~~

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is a limit of 2 per order. This should allow for more people getting their hands on 'em, and I do have a decent number still available at the time I'm typing this. Okay, now to post a few pics...

A couple people have asked what I mean by "Album Covers".

A while back, I got to thinking...you get these coins in plastic or vinyl flips with a sleeve on both sides, right? And I've seen companies include something basic stuff in there, like their website or activation information. But I kept thinking back on the days when you'd go to the record store and immediately recognize a band or even a type of music by the distinctive artwork on their album covers. (Old schoolers...think Yes, Pink Floyd, or Journey) So, like the modern-day equivalent of a CD-jewel case that flips open, I decided to begin including some of the coin's original artwork in the sleeves of my new designs.

Here's a pic of the Pink Yime packaging to better show ya...

pinkage.jpg

On the inside of the cover art, I borrowed Toojin's idea of including "The Challenge" with each individual coin, so as to remind any re-sellers of the purpose of this coin's creation. The liner notes read:

"The Pink Yime geocoin was created to help foster awareness and promote donations towards the prevention of breast cancer. Please consider a small donation to any breast cancer charity...and carry on the challenge."

The 10-10-10 Pittsburgh Event is also noted, as it's the place where the coin originated.

as i have read this thread, i am amazed at how many of us have been touched by this insidious disease, losing family and friends alike.

now what i would like to see is the amount of money being spent on awareness campaigns being spent on research and a cure. awareness is the first step, but a cure, well a cure would be awesome. and it is going to take lots of money to fund more research into a cure.

lara

Hi everyone, I'm back now and sorry to say that reservations are now closed for the Pink Yimes. :lol:

Please do not consider the timestamp on this post as an order deadline, as the available number was probably passed a few hours ago. I have a phone-full of e-mails to sort through and I know there won't be enough to go around.

For those of you whose requests came through first, look for an invoice sometime within the next 24 hours. I will try my best to contact those for whom I cannot fulfill an order, and to those folks, I hope that you understand.

This was (and continues to be) a very labor-intensive project!

Hi everyone, I'm back now and sorry to say that reservations are now closed for the Pink Yimes. B)

Please do not consider the timestamp on this post as an order deadline, as the available number was probably passed a few hours ago. I have a phone-full of e-mails to sort through and I know there won't be enough to go around.

For those of you whose requests came through first, look for an invoice sometime within the next 24 hours. I will try my best to contact those for whom I cannot fulfill an order, and to those folks, I hope that you understand.

This was (and continues to be) a very labor-intensive project!

MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED. I hope, I hope, I hope, I will get one, I will get one, I will get one. :lol:

You know...you could stand to raise a pretty penny for your cause if you do another run of these. Just sayin'. : )

I agree, with Jacklegirl, mint more. Then have Ebay auctions , 1 for every breast cancer cause, then every charity gets help and more folks can get them... Just a thought!!!

Under normal circumstances with my previous YemonYime coins, I have always stuck to my own self-imposed edict of no re-mints. However, I gotta admit...I wasn't at all prepared to receive so many touching stories from people for whom breast cancer has affected. It's hard to fathom how widespread and commonplace this disease has become, and I'm here to say that I've been educated much more than I could have ever expected.

At this time, I'll need to focus on sending out invoices and finishing the customizations involved with these coin packages. I'll work on considerations for a re-mint when the pink dust settles in my art room. :P

I don't think I've ever found myself so obsessively checking my email & hoping to see a paypal invoice!

:P

I have been checking mine too, Nothing and now I have to leave for a class I am taking. Maybe when I get back tonight I will know if I got one or not. But I haven't seen anyone post they have gotten one so there is still hope.

I have been going crazy waiting to see if I got a email! I hope someone posts when they receive one so we will know. I can handle it if I didn't get one, I'd be sad, but the waiting is killing,me! LOL I would love to get one before the Arkansas race for the cure but I don't think it would happen even if I got an invoice right now. I still love this coin & respect what it stands for and thank Yime for making it. :P

Just got my invoice :P

I don't think I've ever found myself so obsessively checking my email & hoping to see a paypal invoice!

:)

I have been checking mine too, Nothing and now I have to leave for a class I am taking. Maybe when I get back tonight I will know if I got one or not. But I haven't seen anyone post they have gotten one so there is still hope.

I have been going crazy waiting to see if I got a email! I hope someone posts when they receive one so we will know. I can handle it if I didn't get one, I'd be sad, but the waiting is killing,me! LOL I would love to get one before the Arkansas race for the cure but I don't think it would happen even if I got an invoice right now. I still love this coin & respect what it stands for and thank Yime for making it. :P

You know...you could stand to raise a pretty penny for your cause if you do another run of these. Just sayin'. : )

I agree, with Jacklegirl, mint more. Then have Ebay auctions , 1 for every breast cancer cause, then every charity gets help and more folks can get them... Just a thought!!!

Under normal circumstances with my previous YemonYime coins, I have always stuck to my own self-imposed edict of no re-mints. However, I gotta admit...I wasn't at all prepared to receive so many touching stories from people for whom breast cancer has affected. It's hard to fathom how widespread and commonplace this disease has become, and I'm here to say that I've been educated much more than I could have ever expected.

At this time, I'll need to focus on sending out invoices and finishing the customizations involved with these coin packages. I'll work on considerations for a re-mint when the pink dust settles in my art room. :P

This is great news...shimmering pink rays of yime hope :P

Raising money for a cause you believe in is one of the greatest feelings ever. I took part in the first Weekend to End Breast Cancer 60km weekend walk. It was two days of walking but it went by in a flash and the finish line was surreal. That year we raised over 7 million for the cause and I would do it all over again if I could get a team together.

pypackage.jpg

{ Pink Yimes for Prevention }

Yime

* Edited for emphasis. :)

Of course the coin is gorgeous as usual and a great Cause to boot.

Ladies get your mammograms done, had my first one done this year and didn't hurt at all. Heck you can even practice being a stripper in private, they make you put these little "pasties" on your nips, point of reference thing I believe :P I found it amusing until I went to pull them off and that glue is kinda strong, lol. That was the only painful part unfortunately the gal told me too late that I could have used water to help make it remove with less howling on my part :P Just keepin' it real folks.

Don't forget men can get breast cancer too, so guys check yourselves too.

tsun

Wow, good news to hear that some invoices are making it through. I've had a couple of people send emails saying they got an invoice, but there's no "receipient" to pay. Apparently, PayPal's mobile app isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm back home now, so I'll finish off the invoices using the big boy computer. :P

I'll still need to contact a few people who didn't include an address. I kinda need it to know what to charge for shipping. Also, it seems that I have a scatter of requests using other email addresses, which is why I created the new email addy. I just can't track all of those down and compare who was first, yadda yadda yadda... Sorry folks.

A re-mint is still under consideration, so let me get through this PayPal mobile mess and I'll assess the feasibility. Obviously, the coins wouldn't be available until after Breast Cancer Awareness month is over.

I got an invoice, but was unable to pay through it. There also wasn't anything in my paypal account itself. Just the email. So I sent payment direct. Hope that works.

Works perfectly. Thanks, Mare. I specifically remember your invoice timing out...and me having to send it again. That's what I get for invoicing on my iPhone when I'm supposed to be watching a high school soccer game. The other parents must've thought I was a college scout. :P

Well, another the email hasn't come through yet ~ but I suspect I wasn't in the line up to make it. Probably my friend and CA Champion EMSDanel wasn't either. If we missed it - hope we can get in on a remint. We have so many Geocachers effected by breast CA.............I can give you a list. The wouldn't mind as we all Relay together, Koman Race together and do other things to put this horrid disease on the side lines. Rock on Yime - and thanks for this effort!