Explain why did you choose your Users Name/Geocaching name

DisneyXtreme

My name, mathogre, is part of a complete anagram (Evil Math Ogre Kgh Ra) of my Real Life Name.  I'm also a mathematician, er, that's really Mathemagician. ;)  I sling equations and craft epic algorithms.  Years ago I belonged to the Institute of Navigation, and remember reading a paper about the relativistic effects regarding the clocks on the GPS satellites.  (It was actually very interesting!)

Heidi is one of my favorite children books, and Schwanli is one of her Grandfathers goats. I dropped the "ch" a while ago for some log in to some site that already had a schwanli, and have been signing in as swanli4 ever since. 4 is my favorite number, and so happens to be how many children I have.

A very long time ago, when the internet was young, and instant messaging was becoming popular. I needed a name to create an account, I was young, and creating a "username" was unfamiliar to me. I chose for the instant messaging application to pick my name for me. In a set of 4 randomly generated names, The_Platinum_Tugboat appeared. 

It was soooo random, I just HAD to pick it. To think.. a computer, without the aid of a human, could come up with such a random name amazed me, and still does to this day. 

When I was little (ok, maybe I’m still “little”) my grandparents took me to Universal Studios in Orlando. In Harry Potter World (I’m a huge Potterhead), when you buy a stuffed Pygmy puff there’s a huge adoption ceremony where you get to pick a name and it’s announced to the whole store. I was a little crunched for time so I chose “papaya”. A while afterward, I was introduced to Geocaching and what better name to give to my account than my pet! Unfortunately, just “papaya” was taken so I added a random number.

Edited by Papaya101

Almost the epitome of laziness on my part for mine. :( 

I needed a username for an email address, happened to look at a real estate housing ad, which was for unit 4, 73 L.... I forget the rest of the address. But yeah , it's a movie trope "figure out the password by looking at something in front of you" thing. :D 

• Funny 2