Finding a Partner

beadfreaker

As a newbie, I've enjoyed the hunting and would like to do more. My problem is I'm a solo if not with my daughter (we both work). I'd like to know if it's within ettiquette, to find an additional partner/partners by contacting an experienced player or team in my area (Reno, NV) and asking if there's someone out there that would like to hunt with a newbie on my days off when my daughter isn't available for hunting (not looking for dating/mating, lol). I can certainly see why one shouldn't hunt alone due to slipping on loose gravel or getting separated and caught in some hazard or whatever ... doesn't stop me from "wanting" to go hunting so I do it by researching what's in my area on my computer. But, when I have free time and she doesn't, I'd really like to get out there and find those caches ... what can I say?

The best way to find a partner is to go to events and make some friends. In my area there are groups who go out frequently and most members who were introduced to the group at events. Akso post in your regional forum or if there is a local geocaching organization, go to their website and see if there is a forum where you can meet other cachers.

I'm going to help a bit my moving this to the regional forum where the locals are most likely to see it.

You can look at past logs and see who's in your area.

Or you can go to events:

I see one on Halloween GC2FMNQ.

And this one is on Sunday GC2FGM1

These are in your area.

Thank you all for your suggestions, especially re: events. I'll certainly check those out and, maybe, meet the cacher that hid one of my first and favorite finds so I can say "Thanks" up close and personal. I have 'dragged' a friend along once and we enjoyed the outing (logged 3 that trip) and then when visiting in NorCalif last weekend 'dragged' another friend along (in her car, lol) and now she's hooked on the game too. We went to a county park and found several; there were 73 caches within 4km of her home so we could pick and chose (got a virtual and 12 traditional and only 2 dnf's that fweekend).