Need some help

Ok I'm trying to make a geo cach well it's out there right now. But they won't enable it . It's a cach that u just have to fallow a pipe line I give the cords of a trails that some where on the trails there is a pipe . Fallow it north and when u see a sign for the pipe line. Look on Outher side of tree I set it as an off set cache. They say something about that u don't need a gps well how will u find the trails with out a gps ??? And you need something to tell u Wich way is north when u do find the pipe ??? Dose anyone have any ideas of how I can Pleaz them ??

Maintain open communication with your Reviewer. They are your best asset to get a questionable hide published.

Were I to create a similar hide, I would list it as a traditional, and add waypoints for the trailhead.

I agree talk to the reviewer. Myself I would have made this into a multi with the tail the pipe as stages.

Maintain open communication with your Reviewer. They are your best asset to get a questionable hide published.

Were I to create a similar hide, I would list it as a traditional, and add waypoints for the trailhead.

I want the cache to be hidden

So hide the cache well, but just give good coords for the cache.

Not knowing where your cache is, I would think anyone with decent satellite pics or a good trail map could find the trail and/or the pipe and follow it to the cache without a need for a GPS.

Another alternative would be to set it up as an offset. Give coords to the trailhead, have them do a projection to the final. You can always mention the pipeline in your hints.

And I'm not done with this at all in the end it will be a 20 mile hike one way

Sounds like you need to do some more careful planning and work with your reviewer.

And how would u do a projection ??

You determine the distance and bearing from the given coordinates to your cache and provide that information in the cache description. Also be sure to put the cache's actual coordinates in your cache description as a hidden additional waypoint. The seeker will use the projection information to calculate (usually using their GPS) to determine the coordinates where the cache is located.

Well u don't need a gps for land nav but it dose make it a lot easier being in the army I would like to see some caches that u dont need a gps well really u don't need a gps for any caches

I know that you use a compass and a map for LandNav. But you also project waypoints the same way as when you use a compass and a map. I looked at your profile and that is how I knew to suggest LandNav, I already knew you said you're in the Army.

You can actually use just a compass and a map to geocache, you should not place caches with a compass and map.

I also think you underestimate cachers, your trip could be done in one long round trip. But don't expect many finds on your caches that are farther out.

Well you certainly make some interesting caches!!

Just a note, if you're placing the caches using your phone as a GPS, the coordinates will not be accurate.

I went around with a friend who had placed some caches using her I-phone, and her caches were all off about 100 feet. She took me around to them so I could get better coordinates for her using my GPS.

Phones are not really accurate for finding caches, and it seems even worse for hiding them.

They seem to be good for being a cheap way to check to see whether you like geocaching enough to get a real GPS, and that's about it.

Good luck.

I like hard hard caches I figer if I make some hard ones some body will make some hard too I wouldn't mind if no one found it for a yr I want to test ppl to see if they have what it takes to even try this one I want them to be so hard that it might take me 5 trys to find it and hike 20 miles

Check out some of the 5/5s. And the Urban Psyco series on the East Coast.

I like hard hard caches I figer if I make some hard ones some body will make some hard too I wouldn't mind if no one found it for a yr I want to test ppl to see if they have what it takes to even try this one I want them to be so hard that it might take me 5 trys to find it and hike 20 miles

Check out some of the 5/5s. And the Urban Psyco series on the East Coast.

Psycho Urban is the name and it is PMO [:signalviolin:]

Phones are not really accurate for finding caches, and it seems even worse for hiding them.

Correction, I-phones are inaccurate, from what I've gathered androids are more accurate as they include both types of GPS satellites whereas I-phone uses one type.

EDIT: I forget where I read this... Take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Coldgears

Correction, I-phones are inaccurate, from what I've gathered androids are more accurate as they include both types of GPS satellites whereas I-phone uses one type.

The iPhone 4 went with a new chip and a larger antenna. It is quite accurate and uses A-GPS.

The iPhone 4 went with a new chip and a larger antenna. It is quite accurate and uses A-GPS.

So the new Iphone works just as good as the android?