Deleting TB Log

eseurat

The other day I picked-up two TB, so I logged them with a geocaching app on my phone. The next day I logged on and noticed that the TB had the wrong symbol indicated (it showed that I found it, but not in that particular cache), so I deleted it, thinking I could go back and redo the log, and now that I try to log the TB's it only shows two options, either 'Discovered it' or 'Write Note.' So, is there any way to show that I 'Grabbed from cache' or am I stuck with using the 'Write Note' or 'Discovered it' option?

Actually it's these two. They don't show up in my 'trackables' and when I check on my log it indicates that it is 'Archived.' Unfortunately I think the outcome is the same, I will have to use either 'discovered it' or 'write note.'

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...91-1ddcc1d34459

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...30-164ea2695aec

When I click them, they give me the option of "grabbing" them from you, so they are in your possession. Perhaps you should "drop" them back in the cache and "retrieve" them again? Might be a glitch in the system. Alternatively, you could try having someone "grab" them from you and then you "grab" them back.

Vicky

For each of the two TBs I suggest you do the following:

Go back to the cache page for the cache where you retrieved the TB

Go to 'Log Your Visit'

Select 'Write Note'

Change the date back to the date you visited the cache

Write a comment e.g. Correcting TB logging

Underneath the Comment box, against whichever TB you retrieved from that particular cache, select the Action option "Visited".

Then Submit Log Entry.

This will allow that TB to visit the cache, to show it was there, then it will be back in your hands ready for its next move.

MrsB

For each of the two TBs I suggest you do the following:

Go back to the cache page for the cache where you retrieved the TB

Go to 'Log Your Visit'

Select 'Write Note'

Change the date back to the date you visited the cache

Write a comment e.g. Correcting TB logging

Underneath the Comment box, against whichever TB you retrieved from that particular cache, select the Action option "Visited".

Then Submit Log Entry.

This will allow that TB to visit the cache, to show it was there, then it will be back in your hands ready for its next move.

MrsB

I tried your suggestion, but after I go through the process it still shows that the TB is still in my hands and won't let select the 'active' or the 'grabbed it' option. It still just gives me the 'write note' and 'discovered it' options.

The other day I picked-up two TB, so I logged them with a geocaching app on my phone. The next day I logged on and noticed that the TB had the wrong symbol indicated (it showed that I found it, but not in that particular cache), so I deleted it, thinking I could go back and redo the log, and now that I try to log the TB's it only shows two options, either 'Discovered it' or 'Write Note.' So, is there any way to show that I 'Grabbed from cache' or am I stuck with using the 'Write Note' or 'Discovered it' option?

I found one bug Jeremy Wants to Travel Too!

Not sure about the other one.

Technically all you need to do is log a Discover so you get the stat back on your account, and then just move it to another cache. The mileage tracking will be accurate from cache to cache as it will use the placement to placement logs.

I'll type up some instruction Mrs B was describing.

Edited by BlueDeuce

1. Go to the cache page of where you found the bug and select log your visit.

d51c5821-2bcf-41ce-b47b-2341662aace4.jpg

2. Select type of log: Write Note

3. In the comments section you can say 'Fixing bug log'

6ddd2427-0cd0-4bd6-8b89-71c00fa394b1.jpg

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Action: Visited

58405b31-0562-4da0-b781-d458436ecdeb.jpg

5. Submit

Note this will keep the Bug in your possession. After all this you can simply move it to another cache as you normally would.

Again all you really need to do is log a Discover and move it along as normal.

Actually it's these two. They don't show up in my 'trackables' and when I check on my log it indicates that it is 'Archived.' Unfortunately I think the outcome is the same, I will have to use either 'discovered it' or 'write note.'

this is very confusing, what do you mean "log it indicates that it is 'Archived.' "?

TB's are not archived

this is very confusing, what do you mean "log it indicates that it is 'Archived.' "?

TB's are not archived

When you delete a bug log it'll say

Log was Deleted

The log entry has been deleted.

Archived

Friday, 08 October 2010

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

BlueDeuce, thanks for the walkthrough. When I was using MrsB instructions the first go-around I thought I could just edit my 'found it' log. I didn't realize that I had to create a whole new log entry, so no wonder it wouldn’t let me do it.

T4E, it was really confusing. It didn't 'archive' the TB itself, just my log. After I deleted the log for the TB it still showed that I had those two in my ‘possession’, but wouldn’t let me edit my ‘deleted’ log that I could still access, but not edit. It showed ‘Archived’ in red in the upper right-hand corner of the ‘deleted’ log.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!!!! It seems that I messed-up pretty good on this one, but it definitely made me learn to not log TB on my phone. The caching app is way to touchy on the TB log.

We (meaning every TB/coin owner) appreciate that you were willing to take the time to keep those travelers on track.

It's kinda tricky trying to explain all the pages you have to click through to log a bug, thanks for sticking with us.

The logs look good.

By the way, nice geo-dog photo on your profile page (The little sweetie)

Edited by BlueDeuce