Adding pictures

jimnsusie

I have just started hunting benchmarks and logging them. Also have tried to add pictures to my logs but can not seem to get them to load. I keep getting an error msg. I have loaded pictures on some of my caching logs with no problem. Is the benchmark log different from a geocache log as far as loading pictures?

I see other benchmark logs with pictures and am wondering if those are done different somehow. It seems like they would be the same as far as loading the picture. Thanks for the help.

I have just started hunting benchmarks and logging them. Also have tried to add pictures to my logs but can not seem to get them to load. I keep getting an error msg. I have loaded pictures on some of my caching logs with no problem. Is the benchmark log different from a geocache log as far as loading pictures?

I see other benchmark logs with pictures and am wondering if those are done different somehow. It seems like they would be the same as far as loading the picture. Thanks for the help.

As far as I know, the process is the same. The only difference I've noticed is that on geocache logs that have multiple pictures, you can hover the mouse over the right side of the picture and an arrow will appear that will advance to the next picture, but the same is not true for benchmark logs with multiple pictures.

I have not been able to upload any BM pictures for the last two days, the message just says an error has occured. I too have been on the road but not sure that really has anything to do with it as both hotels have had pretty fast connections.

Okay, Turns out I had my camera set to super duper mega high resolution and each picture was between 4 & 5 mb's is size. Using MS picture managerI resized them for web pages down to about 50 kb's to 75 kb's and they are uploading to the site just fine now.

Edited by LandRover

I finally figured out my problem. My pictures were too big. Not big in size but too big in pixels. Each of my pics were 3,000 X 4,000 in pixels. When I downsized them using the windows snipping tool they loaded easily. I was using a new camera and didn't realize the new pics were actually larger. Using the snipping tool, even if the actually picture looked the same size it was less in the amount of pixels.