Autorouting annoyances with Oregon 450

ceeG

These are the instructions from the autoroute my Nuvi 760 gave me to get across Auckland from Henderson to Manurewa. We're driving on the left down here, so "keep right on the motorway" simply means "don't exit here".

- Enter motorway at Lincoln Rd

- 12km, exit left onto southern motorway

- 20km, keep right on southern motorway

- 3.1km, keep left on Hill Rd Manurewa exit

Awesome. That extraneous keep right will be something to do with the new link to the Mangere motorway and I'm not worried about it.

Now here's the instructions my Oregon 450 comes up with for the same route using the same mapset.

- Enter motorway at Lincoln Rd

- 1.9km keep right on north western motorway

- 1.5km keep right on north western motorway

- 3.1km keep right on north western motorway

- 2.9km keep right on north western motorway

- 2.2km keep right on north western motorway

- 650m exit left to southern motorway

- 2.2km keep right on southern motorway

- 3.9km keep right on southern motorway

- 950 m keep right on southern motorway

- 2.7km keep right on southern motorway

- 200m keep right on southern motorway

- 4.5km keep right on southern motorway

- 1.6km keep right on southern motorway

- 2.8km keep right on southern motorway

- 900m keep right on southern motorway

- 3.1km, keep left on Hill Rd Manurewa exit

This produces almost continuous beeping as I drive down the motorway and gives me very little warning of when I actually need to exit compared to the Nuvi. Any suggestions on how I can stop the Oregon telling me at every interchange that I should stay on the motorway ?

The Oregon is running the latest webupdater (non-beta) firmware.

Thanks

Gary

Edited by ceeG

Arrgh... Welcome to my world - or at least part of it. TomTom doesn't indicate this for EVERY interchange, but it does so for any that include an "exit only" lane on the highway.

On the TomTom, this is supposed to be configurable using the "Disable 'keep to highway lane' instructions", but it never has worked through the course of many firmware upgrades. I've found no such configuration option at all on my Oregon. Then again, I rarely use the Oregon for routing. Screen is to small, and the beep isn't always enough information.

Is it the EXACT map? City Navigator in North America is updated 4 times a year so I am wondering if they both have the exact same map. I've got a 550t which runs the same software and I never have any problems like that in the US. My bet is there is a problem with the map not the GPS.

It's running firmware 3.90 (via webupdater, so non beta).

There is only 1 autorouting map loaded, plus 1 non-routable topo, and the basemap. The topo map and basemap are disabled, the only active map is the autorouting one.

:-(