Travel Bug Idea.

Eric K

First off, I am new and don't know if this has been tried or not. I live in Ohio but will be taking some trips to Michigan and Indiana. I'm thinking of doing "Surprise" travel bugs.

Here is my idea. I'll leave the travel bug in a cache with nothing attached. It's mission will be to make it back to my home area with something attached as a surprise for my 5 year old son.

How does that sound?

Very cool. But don't forget a card explaining what it would do to attach to the first bug sent out.

How about expanding the idea: Trading the item on the bug? Mighty-Morphin'-Power-Bug. If they want, people that find the bug can take the item that's on it off and keep it (or can place it on another bug) and then attach something new.

Requirement: place a photo of the bug with the new attached toy as part of your log.

People might be interested to see if their item gets traded off the bug tag or not. And you'll never know what you'll get.

With the original idea, it's just going to be an ordinary travel bug after the first person attaches something.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

That way I can also show my son the pictures. He is 5 and really enjoyed the two caches we went out and found. Plus "I" also think it will be cool to see the objects change on their travels. Maybe I'll even use your name, "Mighty-Morphin Power Bug!" :-)

My next trip out of state is towards the end of July. I just ordered the Travel Bugs last night so I should have them before then.

Thanks,

Eric

NIMBCO is pretty cool! :-)

Markwell, I think it's toward the end of August I'll be in Merrillville Indiana which isn't overly far from Chicago. Hopefully I'll find a cache not to far from you and put a Morphing Bug in that area.