nfnc

not found, no cache?

no fanks, nano cache?

The first possibility doesn't fit, since they've used "nfnc" for dozens of caches they've found (or at least claim to have found).

The second possibility doesn't fit, either, since they're using "nfnc" for any and all sizes of caches.

'Tis a puzzlement.

--Larry

There are a couple of cachers in his area who have begun using this as their standard "Found It" log. I've seen a few gazillion TFTCs and TFTHs, but what does "nfnc" stand for? Anyone else seeing this?

--Larry

Why don't you ask them?

I've asked one of the cachers about it by e-mail; no response, at least not yet.

--Larry

not found, no cache?

no fanks, nano cache?

The first possibility doesn't fit, since they've used "nfnc" for dozens of caches they've found (or at least claim to have found).

The second possibility doesn't fit, either, since they're using "nfnc" for any and all sizes of caches.

'Tis a puzzlement.

--Larry

Smartphone app users, who are just uploading any random text as a find log? (And probably not even knowing they're doing it). Not like I haven't seen caches logged with "big dog woof woof" and "batman". ;)

EDIT: Oh, I just googled "Geocaching nfnc", and easily found the logs in your area. Joined less than a month ago, less than 100 finds. I'll definitely take smartphone user for $1000, Alex. :D

Edited by Mr.Yuck
Nearly found no cache

Nicely formed nano cache

nomore freakin nano caches

never found nearest cache

All sorts of possibilities here (my personal choice would be the third in the list). I'm hoping to hear from the actual cachers one of these days. Not that I'm losing any sleep over it...

--Larry

The first thing that came to my mind was Nice for Numbers Cache. I've seen several logs on easy P&G caches that say something to that effect... NNC (nice numbers cache) etc

Actually, this is a real possibility. When I have some spare time, I'll look through their logs again and see whether the caches they've found all qualify for this rather dubious "award."

--Larry

The first thing that came to my mind was Nice for Numbers Cache. I've seen several logs on easy P&G caches that say something to that effect... NNC (nice numbers cache) etc

Am I being to touchy or doesn't that seem kind of insulting? I mean basically it says "your cache sucks but at least it's good to increase my numbers?" Unlike thanks for the cache, good hide & great site.

Am I being to touchy or doesn't that seem kind of insulting? I mean basically it says "your cache sucks but at least it's good to increase my numbers?" Unlike thanks for the cache, good hide & great site.

If that's what the acronym means to these cachers, I'll feel a bit insulted; they've logged one of my caches this way.

--Larry

If that's what the acronym means to these cachers, I'll feel a bit insulted; they've logged one of my caches this way.

--Larry

That might not be what it means in this case, I was just speculating.

I have received some of those logs and yes they were just quick "for the numbers" caches so I wasn't offended. LOL

Back in the "old days" people would sometimes log a cache with a very simple log like "SL," which meant "I didn't like your cache and this is my way to let you know," but now short logs are pretty common and no one would notice the difference.

At least they didn't use the well used classic insult "DPM" http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...3&hl=mortes

I've had some nfnc logs from them, too. And all of my caches rock.

I assumed it was either a noob typo (like on a smartphone with an automated message) or NIFTY FREAKING NARLY CACHE!!! (again... noob who doesn't know how to spell gnarly!)

Is there anything about a smartphone that makes nfnc easy to type? like 'asdf' on a keyboard?

There are a couple of cachers in his area who have begun using this as their standard "Found It" log. I've seen a few gazillion TFTCs and TFTHs, but what does "nfnc" stand for? Anyone else seeing this?

--Larry

Why don't you ask them?

I've asked one of the cachers about it by e-mail; no response, at least not yet.

--Larry

It's interesting that on some caches, when their caching buddy posts more than their own cut and paste entry, they also say something more than nfnc.

At least they didn't use the well used classic insult "DPM" http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...3&hl=mortes

Yup. There's always been a few jerks that think that they are so cool that they can insult others and get away with it. Back in the day, these idiots would be rewarded with a fat lip. Edited by sbell111

Norfolk, North Carolina.

Except that Norfolk is in Virginia.

or ontario :signalviolin:

... or the United Kingdom (like say, half the place names around here - the other half are continental Europe named places. We're real imaginative when it came to naming our towns around here.....)

That doesn't even count, it's a County. :mmraspberry:

Hey Larry, did this nfnc guy ever answer you back? I am enjoying the imaginative replies though.