Wish List

Guest edyck

Having recently "grabbed" a couple of bugs and then "placed" them with all the attendant logging, etc., I came up with the following wish list:

• Ability to search for specific TB?s
  • Searching for other TB?s owned by a specific person
  • Automatic notification of when any TB in your area arrives or moves
  • List of TB?s (with links to their pages) on cache pages that have had TB?s pass through them
  • UBB or HTML allowed in logs
  • Ability to edit logs without having to delete them and re-log (like in this Forum)
  • Ability to add comments in a TB "placed" log when logging a cache after placing a TB

Any others? Some of these may already be possible; if so, I'd like to know. Several of these have been mentioned in other areas in the TB Forum; I thought I'd consolidate them and add some of my own. This is in no way meant to imply any lack on Jeremy's part. I think what he's done so far is amazing. I just want to stimulate discussion and ideas.

Eric

www.KansasFolks.net

[This message has been edited by edyck (edited 24 October 2001).]

[This message has been edited by edyck (edited 24 October 2001).]

Guest Markwell

Good list.

What about searching for TBs by their last known cache location? I know Jeremy is working on the ability to do a "hand-off" person to person transfer of TBs, but I'd like to be able to do a search of Chattanooga area and just pull up a list of the bugs last reported in that area.

Guest ESFKids
Originally posted by edyck:

• UBB or HTML allowed in logs
  • Ability to edit logs without having to delete them and re-log (like in this Forum)
  • Ability to add comments in a TB "placed" log when logging a cache after placing a TB

Here here! I've been having trouble figuring out the whole cache bug mechanism, even after posting my first bug. Oh, and hello all.

------------------

EsfKids

Dave and Andrew

Guest glenn95630

I would wish that the travel bugs had come with a plastic cable tie as well as the chain.

Based on the thumbs, it appears that a number of travel bugs used a cable tie. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't have any cable ties at home (until I bought a pack of 100 today).

Guest keithpilot

My wish is to see a map for each TB that plots a line of its travels from cache to cache.

Thanks for everything!

------------------

Keith, Katie and Rollie

The Yellow Dog Project

N43°10.004' W070°54.874'