TB without a purpose - I'm first to pick it up!

trtlgrl and owennnn

It might mean that someone has taken whatever it was attched to, thinking that it was a valid trade item.

I'd be inclined to contact the owner of the TB to see if it was attached to anything before. If it was, you could always replace the item with a similar one (with a note reminding cachers to not trade for it) or return it to the owners so they could replace it.

------

"There's Sparticus. That's him, over there."

My understanding is that the TB has no real purpose. Just send it on its way and see what happens!

You could always email the owner and check if s/he forgot to add a purpose, but generally if it does not have a purpose then there is none. Just place it in another cache and see where it goes.

Only a TB owner can 'officially' give a TB a 'purpose'.

-stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a broadband connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

I am very new to Geocaching, although I have been hunting benchmarks for a few months. Recently I acquired four Travel Bugs and so far I have deployed only one. None of the four has been given a purpose, and none of them is attached to another object. I thought the purpose was, by default, to add some interest to a cache and to travel from one cache to another. So if you find a TB with no purpose, it could be that the owner doesn't know enough about the game to assign a purpose. I sure don't.