Mailing a travel Bug

Smokehouse

just an Idea:

Maybe if there was a page dedicated to this idea, it may work.

If mailing TB's is not appropriate then forget this post.

What if you were to pick up a TB in Florida and you had a friend in Ca. Could you mail the TB to him or her to stash on the left coast. My thinking was that when you find one you could look on the message board and see where to send it, in other words get it out to someone who may actually place it in a new cache. Everyone doesn't have to do this. I don't even know if this is a good idea, maybe its not, oh hell I don't know.....

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

In this thread, I posted a poll about the “fairness” of mailing a bug - not to its destination, but to someone who could further it along.

The consensus in that discussion was pretty much:

• Mailing a bug to have it start in a remote location is OK

• Mailing a bug to further it on its mission either to its goal, or to someone who could better help it attain its goal, seems wrong

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

I've found a way to plug my GPS connection cable directly into my neocortex. Makes reading the forums much quicker, and with 2 gazillion terraquads of RAM, I never worry about slow response.

Seriously, though, I love reading these forums and passing around ideas. I've got a blessing/curse of having a pretty good memory for things I'm really interested in.

I can remember every line from every Loony Tunes cartoon (see below for my favorite). But I can't remember where I leave my car keys.

BUGS: Would you like to shoot him now, or wait 'til you get home

DAFFY: Shoot him now! Shoot him now!

BUGS: You keep out of this. He doesn't have to shoot you now.

DAFFY: Well, I say he DOES have to shoot me now. I DEMAND that you shoot me now. So SHOOT ME NOW!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

I've found a way to plug my GPS connection cable directly into my neocortex. Makes reading the forums much quicker, and with 2 gazillion terraquads of RAM, I never worry about slow response.

Seriously, though, I love reading these forums and passing around ideas. I've got a blessing/curse of having a pretty good memory for things I'm really interested in.

I can remember every line from every Loony Tunes cartoon (see below for my favorite). But I can't remember where I leave my car keys.

DAFFY: Well, I say he DOES have to shoot me now. I DEMAND that you shoot me now. So SHOOT ME NOW!!!

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Markwell

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/markwellcachemain.htm

Thanks, Markwell! Now I'm going to be hearing Bugs and Daffy in my head the rest of the evening!

25021_1200.gif

quote:

Markwell

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/markwellcachemain.htm

Thanks, Markwell! Now I'm going to be hearing Bugs and Daffy in my head the rest of the evening!

25021_1200.gif

quote:

Markwell-Borg drone #2232

division 455479

grid 589j6

ship XX587 class 10

icon_eek.gif

quote:

Markwell-Borg drone #2232

division 455479

grid 589j6

ship XX587 class 10

icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

quote:

Markwell

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/25021_1200.gif

"There's someone in my head but it's not me" icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

quote:

Markwell

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/25021_1200.gif

"There's someone in my head but it's not me" icon_biggrin.gif