The "My found" file is faulty

Ingabo

Hi ! Anyone else who has faced that the weekly issued my founds file contains lots of caches found on the wrong date ?? The information under my profile where I report my finds is correct. I store all my founds data in GSAK V7.7.3.23 and update this file on a weekly basis with new information from gc.com. This has worked fine until around one month back in time when I first noticed that caches were reported in GSAK on the wrong date !

I therefore asked a friend to open up a new database in GSAK, then import my "my founds" file and he found exactly the same faulty dates which I have found. His own my founds file works correct.

If it had been only a date or two I could continue to edit them by hand but I have more than hundred the like and they are getting more.......

So, I wonder if there are more people out there receiving crippled my founds data from gc.com ??

Anyone who found a fix ?? I have also addressed this problem to gc.com.

Greetings from Sweden

Caching/logging finds with an iPhone?

Yes I use the Iphone for reporting my finds mostly. Is that an issue ?? On gc.com they are reported fine. It is when I request the My Founds file that the dates are mismatched. There are hundreds of them !!! Caches found one day are reported on two days - always with one day later than found. I have caches found one day and all of them are reported the day after....... not one but twenty or more...... My friend who checked my founds on his computer is using an Iphone 3GS too without any problems. Everything is correctly reported on gc.com. // Ingabo

It's known about at Frog HQ.

They work on Seattle time, and some apps have problems with time zones...

It's something like:

You log a find after 7.00pm today your time, Frog time makes it tomorrow!

They have made some changes, about a month ago seems right, they may make more changes. :anitongue:

The good news is... They are working on it.

As I don't use a phone to cache/log with, I'm not sure where they are with any fixes, just that 'they are aware' of the problem.

We had this problem awhile back from iPhone logging in the wee hours of the morning; we were only able to fix it by deleting and re-logging the cache.

Hi. Re-logging around 200 caches is unfortunately not an option to me. especially not as every new My found gpx file is overwriting the old data in GSAK....... Yes I use the latest OSX and Groundspeak app versions too !. BR Ingabo

We had this problem awhile back from iPhone logging in the wee hours of the morning; we were only able to fix it by deleting and re-logging the cache.

Hi. Re-logging around 200 caches is unfortunately not an option to me. especially not as every new My found gpx file is overwriting the old data in GSAK....... Yes I use the latest OSX and Groundspeak app versions too !. BR Ingabo

Yeah, sorry, I don't really have a better answer for you. Maybe the good folks over at GSAK have a macro in their bag of tricks that can help you out.

In your GSAK "My Finds" database, edit the affected caches. Change the date found to the correct date, then click the checkbox labeled "Lock." Then future updates will not change the date.