Easily Made Cache Container

I have been trying to find an alternative for the leaky 35mm and keysafe containers. I stumbled across some small waterproof capsules (with o ring seal)complete with log books (on waterproof paper) on Ebay and have found a cheap way to disguise them using 2 lenths of black U profile shelf edging glued together. I also turned over the bottom to ensure the capsule doesnt fall through (but leaving a gap so water can leave the container. Another small section is used as the lid which although doesnt have to be waterproof covers the top. I used a short legth of fishing line to stop the lid being lost. A couple of magnets on the back (using clear bathroom silicone) and I reckon on the back of a metal fence it will be pretty well disguised. Takes 10 mins to make with a stanley knife.

With these little capsules from Ebay, you can fashion any container you like to suit the surroundings as you dont have to worry about it being waterproof as the capsule dose the job.

Picture..img4098h.jpg

if your using Fire Fox Image Zoom is ideal. It lets you zoom in/out on images without opening a new page/tab. I reduced the picture down to 25% to make it and the text visible

Deci

Thanks for this Deci, I didn't know such a thing existed. Very useful for things other than the fora as well.

Especially useful at the moment as I'm stuck in bed, using my lappy with a single 10" screen rather than the big dual displays on my desktop

Edited by Just Roger