How do you get a TB from a cacher who has had him for to long

Mejas

A cacher who calls his self 7Wins from NY has had the Hoss TB sense Feb.23,03. He said he got it from a cache in Fl. while down for a vist. there is no entry on the log page from him. but there is an entry in a cache for him in NY that day. He has only found seven caches. I have e-mailed him several time with no answer. the cacher that left hoss in Fl has e-mailed him and offarded to pay postage if he will send it to them, they haven't had an answer eather.

This is a very good hobby to get and old man out and keep him active why dose there have to be so many nards out there.

Mejas

[This message was edited by Mejas on May 19, 2003 at 03:41 AM.]

I think it's important to keep things in perspective. Real life has a way of catching up with people who have the best of intentions.

For example last summer I had a few TB's in my possession with the intent of placing them within a few days. Then my father had a heart attack (we nearly loss him). I packed up the family and went home for 12 weeks to support my mother during the subsequent surgery and recovery.

Well, one of the owners of the TBs (which I had neglected to bring with me on the trip) sent me a dozen or so irrate emails asking why I was holding his TB hostage. Despite the fact I explained my situation he continued to harass me every five to seven days.

Sure, I understand it may have been frustrating for him that his TB wasn't moving but c'mon -- I wasn't exactly in a position to remedy the situation.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

I think it's important to keep things in perspective. Real life has a way of catching up with people who have the best of intentions.

For example last summer I had a few TB's in my possession with the intent of placing them within a few days. Then my father had a heart attack (we nearly loss him). I packed up the family and went home for 12 weeks to support my mother during the subsequent surgery and recovery.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

He has been on several times. But has not loged any more caches. If he has had a problem he could have droped me a note and I would understand.

Mejas

Seems that you are hunting for this user in the wrond area... most of his/her finds are in the North Syracuse - Liverpool area. I've been to the recent gatherings at Auburn and Watertown and nobody by that name was in attendence. The Rochester event is coming up and I will be there too and will keep an eye out for you.. however you might want to contact an active cacher in that area, might I suggest MaMaBear?

The Rochester event is coming up and I will be there too and will keep an eye out for you.. however you might want to contact an active cacher in that area, might I suggest MaMaBear?

Thanks for the help.

Mejas

I had a similar situation with one of my TB's. I finally recovered the bug, But the cacher still has the TB in his inventory. Now since I have the TB and I am the owner, How can I get it out of his inventory and back in mine to keep the TB in circulation. I have sent several polite requests instructing the cacher how to log the TB in the cache from which he picked it up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bonsai

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. - Charles H. Spurgeon

quote:
Originally posted by Bonsai:

I had a similar situation with one of my TB's. I finally recovered the bug, But the cacher still has the TB in his inventory. Now since I have the TB and I am the owner, How can I get it out of his inventory and back in mine to keep the TB in circulation. I have sent several polite requests instructing the cacher how to log the TB in the cache from which he picked it up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bonsai

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Since you're the owner and you know the TB's number, you can go to its webpage and grab it back. Just click on the "found it? log it!", then make sure the type of log says "I have it!", type in the 6 digit number, and you officially have possession of your bug.

Windrose

"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

quote:
Originally posted by Bonsai:

I guess my mind has been streched too far.

Windrose beat me to it. your mind is stretched? That's what caching is for! icon_wink.gif

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

I really don't get things like this. I'm new, haven't even had find yet (my GPS is arriving from Amazon today), and yet I've already gathered SO much about the rules just from looking around on the site. I see all these posts saying "someone didn't log" and whatnot, and I can't help but wonder what kind of idiots these people are... even *I* know it, and I've only been around here for a week. It blows my mind! icon_rolleyes.gif

==============================

http://www.kawaiineko.net/

>^..^< - nya

JamZ in the Uk has had my bug since march 5th 2002 (he has only made one caching trip and found 1 cache and 1 tb - MINE). I have now resorted to sending out the copy tag as he is ignoring my emails (i know that the email works because i did get correspondence from him) back at christmas when he told me to "sod off as he was never going caching again".

If you have not had contact from the cacher for so long my advice to you is this GIVE UP!

quote:
Originally posted by chii:

and I can't help but wonder what kind of idiots these people are... even *I* know it, and I've only been around here for a week. It blows my mind! icon_rolleyes.gif

I believe that there are a lot of people out there who feel themselves above the rules and think it's beneath them to READ the FREAKIN' MANUAL. They go about their business, mucking it up for everyone because they're having fun, possibly to the detriment of others, but they don't care, because they're having fun.

I've seen this on more than one site and it's really sad. When I find something new on the Internet, the first thing I do is read the FAQs page, if they have one and most of the good ones do. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't feel this is necessary and they're the ones having fun. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

quote:
Originally posted by King Boreas:

quote:
How can I get it out of his inventory and back in mine to keep the TB in circulation.

quote:
Since you're the owner and you know the TB's number, you can go to its webpage and grab it back.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=30339

Now what ?

Hey King Boreas,

Report that jerk who is messing with your TB to Jeremy. Maybe he can get that idiot to leave your bug alone...

I did claim my travel bug back. But all I have is the name the jerk still has the bug. Jeremy has closed his account. But what will keep him from opening another one in a differnt name? Are just going out and taking them.

Mejas

Love caching

I to have the same,My T.B. was picked up by one called Ivana Findermall. He claimes to lost his G.P.S. I to e mailed him onces got reply back saying he would place it in a week.I waited and still nothing, E mailed him a few time no reply.If you go to travle bug page and look for Triple A Racer you will see last log entered.

john beck