How to create a cristmas calander with one release each day?

r2d290

Thanks.

So, if I do this (in hopes that my requests will be refilled), I will need to create 24 individual caches, and write a review-note at all this caches?

I don't know how the system works, but what is the chance to get the same reviewer at every caches? Will this be no problem if I add them at about the same time?

It's good that you're planning this well in advance.

Remember that all your 24 caches in the town will have to follow the guidelines, particlularly the one about being a minimum of 528ft apart.

I think it would be a good idea to contact your local reviewer now, set out your idea to him, ask his advice and see whether he will be able publish the caches as you hope.

MrsB

Yeah, I know =)

I got a map of the town last year, with 20 marked places you should visit. So my big job is to find the last 4 places =)

Have you verified that all 20 of those places far enough away from each other to fit the proximity guidelines, that you have adequate permission, etc? Twenty four caches is quite a committment.

For what its worth,most cachers that I know would much prefer to see 24 new caches pop up in an area on one day (perhaps Christmas morning?) than to go back to an area once a day for 24 days.

Hello

How can I hide 24 caches today, and automatically release the first cache at 1. descember, next at 2. descember etc.?

Hi r2d290. I see you are based in Norway, so therefore take a peek at this Christmas calender in the Oslo region for further tips.

There have also been other regions doing the same.

We have splendid reviewers in Norway.

One of them is Makuta Teridax.

Email him and ask politely (He is fluent in norwegian as well). :anitongue:

edit: typo

Edited by baø

For what its worth,most cachers that I know would much prefer to see 24 new caches pop up in an area on one day (perhaps Christmas morning?) than to go back to an area once a day for 24 days.

The flip side of this is that it has a tendency to spread the FTF's around, which some people like to do. Those who would rather get them all in one trip can certainly wait until the series has been fully released (by Christmas Eve, appropriately enough).

How can I hide 24 caches today, and automatically release the first cache at 1. descember, next at 2. descember etc.?

CT has a two series that come out starting on December 25 with at least 1 per day for each series coming out for the next 12 days.

To make it easier on the reviewer, the owners submit them a couple weeks before they're going to be released. That way they're all reviewed for any issues and are just just sitting there "in queue" so all the reviewer has to do is publish them.

The also know that the reviewer will release them at some random time during the day when it's convenient for the reviewer. I would say if you plan to do it, talk to the reviewer beforehand. Get their input and see what will make it easiest for them.

First of all. Thanks for the great great support :anitongue:

Yeah, I know =)

I got a map of the town last year, with 20 marked places you should visit. So my big job is to find the last 4 places =)

Have you verified that all 20 of those places far enough away from each other to fit the proximity guidelines, that you have adequate permission, etc? Twenty four caches is quite a committment.

I have not done this yet, but I think I will find a solution that will fit the guidelines. I will re-read the FAQ before I starts the real job =)

Keep in mind the "Cache Permanence" guideline of caches having to be in place for 3 months, as temporary caches won't be published.

I'm not planing to remove them after the christmas, but nice to know that I should say this to the reviewer =)

Hello

Hi r2d290. I see you are based in Norway, so therefore take a peek at this Christmas calender in the Oslo region for further tips.

There have also been other regions doing the same.

We have splendid reviewers in Norway.

One of them is Makuta Teridax.

Email him and ask politely (He is fluent in norwegian as well). :anitongue:

edit: typo

Thanks for this spesific information. I will send him a mail asap =)

CT has a two series that come out starting on December 25 with at least 1 per day for each series coming out for the next 12 days.

Sorry, I did not understand this part. Could you please re-write it? What is CT? Two series of what? What happens the December 25.?

Regarding Christmas caches, here are some clips on YouTube to match up to.

Clip 1

Thanks, great inspiration. Only problem is to have a cache like this when it's not christmas (ref. 3 months)

Me thinks CT stands for Connecticut USA

And the two series is from Christmas day (25?) until 12 days of Christmas.

Maybe :anitongue:

Yes, CT stands for Connecticut. I didn't think about other countries when writing.

Exactly right on the caches. One is the "Cachemas" series and the other is the "Grinchmas" series. They are both good (and very popular) series. I think the owners get together and talk because the hides are sometimes nearby, and everyone runs out to find them when they're published. They often turn into "mini events" with a group of 20 or so cachers finding them together.