Waypoints for a new multi

McCutchan Cache Clan

physical stages (where you hid something yourself) are subject to the proximity rule, so you need at least 161 meters between the stages and any other physical stages or caches from other caches. virtual stages (collect information off already existing things) are not subject to the proximity rule.

physical stages (where you hid something yourself) are subject to the proximity rule, so you need at least 161 meters between the stages and any other physical stages or caches from other caches. virtual stages (collect information off already existing things) are not subject to the proximity rule.

That all depends how the cache owner has added them in the additional WP (AWP) feature on GC.com

If they have called them 'Stages of a multi' then the 161m rule applies even if there is nothing physical there.

In that case if you can get the cache owner to change the AWP type to 'Question to answer' then the reviewers will let it pass.

That all depends how the cache owner has added them in the additional WP (AWP) feature on GC.com

If they have called them 'Stages of a multi' then the 161m rule applies even if there is nothing physical there.

well yeah, but that would an incorrect listing then. as you already said, a stage of a multicache is supposed to be listed as "question to answer" if it's a virtual stage, otherwise it should be a "stage of a multicache" waypoint.

if your new cache gets denied because some part of it is too close to a "stage of a multicache" of some other cache, while you know for sure that this stage is in fact a virtual stage, then you can let the reviewer know about this.

This is interesting because I have the same question. I understand that my WP(if I hide something) are subject to the proximity rule of 161m but does that same rule apply for the WP of my multi? If it does then my plan is a little buggered :)

All physical waypoints of your multi need to be at least 161 metres (0.1 mile) away from all existing physical waypoints of other caches, but the waypoints within a multi can be close together ie, Stage 1 and and Stage 2 of MyNewCache could be just 10 metres from each other, but each must be at least 161 metres away from HisOldCache.

Is the 161m rule also for questionmark caches? I like to hide a cache on a location, but it was refused because it was too close to a final hide of a questionmark. I'm not good in questionmark caches so I haven't solve those. Every questionmark can be hide in 2km from the mark.

I find it strange that you can't hide a cache if you don't know all the solutions of the questionmarks.

Yes, you need to be at least 161m way from any physical cache or waypoint. That's one of the problems with placing caches: it pays to find as many of the caches in your area before placing one. The other option is to create a cache page, have the name as ** checking** and send a note to your Reviewer asking if the location can be checked before you place the cache itself.