Area 51 Series - UFO Geocoin

Team kizb

The UFO Geocoin would be the first product of my Area 51 series.

2" round

Up to 15mm thick

Unique pattern on the top and bottom

Solid platting in maybe a couple different versions.

Die-cast in either Pewter or zinc alloy base metal

Trackable with unique icon

Shooting for a price between $10-$13 depending on the order size.

I'm really excited about this project and just completed the artwork to forward to the mint. The next step would be creating a clay mold since its a think shaped "coin"

Before I spend $$$ on expensive molds I'd like to know there are others out there that would buy this coin.

I believe this would would be a really unique fun project and hope others think the same so I can proceed.

Please post if your interested in a UFO shaped Geocoin and how many you think you would buy.

Thanks

YES I WOULD BUY ONE FOR THAT PRICE AND ITS COOL TO HAVE A BIGER ONE AND CAN PUT IT IN A CASE IF YOU GET THEM LET ME KNOW WITH A E-MAIL I MIT GET ONE

Do you have an estimated date which these will be in your hands and ready to ship?

I should have the samples next week, then will be placing the order. Since these are a little more complex than a normal Geocoin production time is going to be about 25 days. So I'm thinking early Jan at this point.

After much thought, great input from the Geocoin Forum, and positive feedback from the survey I have decided to go ahead with the new reservation method for the UFO Geocoin with a few changes:

There will be no LEs, XLEs, XXLEs, ZEs, AEs, or XYZs. Only an initial mint of four different versions:

$15 Antique Silver

$15 Chrome

$16 Chrome w/Gold Ring

$16 Black Nickel w/Gold Ring

Complete Set $60

Each person will be limited to reserving a maximum of 2 of each version, including sets.(So if you order one complete set you would only be able to order one more of each version or a 2nd set)

These four versions WILL NOT be re-minted.

The minting number of each version will be based on the demand of each version. My only minting limit will be that the total reservations will be limited to 300 or less UFOs for this minting. This is merely a budget decision and not meant to prevent anyone from getting the version they want.

Final mint numbers of each version will be laser etched on the bottom of each coin. Example: 1 of 102, 2 of 102...etc By doing this you will know exactly how many UFOs of that version were minted.

I reserve the right to mint new versions in the future, but will not re-mint past versions.

If a certain version looks like its going to sell out, priority would be given to the person that placed there reservation first during the original reservation.

I expect to have the samples in hand by the end of the week and will send an e-mail regarding shipping prices once I get it figured out. Please understand that shipping will be higher than normal due to the size and weight of this item.

Since many things have changed, I will be taking new reservations based on the above information. Reservations will close December 12th at 9pm US MST so that the order can be placed on Monday Dec 13th with an estimated production time of 25 days.

To place your reservation please e-mail be at blackhillscacheshop@gmail.comwith the following information:

Name:

GeoNick:

PayPal e-mail address:

Number of each version and/or Set(s) to reserve:

If you have any further questions regarding reservations or general information about the UFO Geocoin feel free to contact me at blackhillscacheshop@gmail.com

Thanks,

Team kizb

Black Hills Cacheshop

Edited by Team kizb

My brain was abducted and I missed the reservations--crapola!!! :lostsignal::wacko:

Will these "land" for sale anywhere else???

They are "out of this world" and I would love to have one!!! :antenna:

GREAT DESIGN!!!

Once all the reservations are filled the remaining UFOs will be available on my webstie. I did order extra so getting the the ones you want shouldn't be a issue.

My brain was abducted and I missed the reservations--crapola!!! :lostsignal::wacko:

Will these "land" for sale anywhere else???

They are "out of this world" and I would love to have one!!! :antenna:

GREAT DESIGN!!!

Once all the reservations are filled the remaining UFOs will be available on my webstie. I did order extra so getting the the ones you want shouldn't be a issue.

Any updates on the status of these coins?

What would you consider reasonable?

I can understand the complex nature of a geocoin like this. The SCGA (Space Coast Geocachers Association) had a 3D Space Shuttle coin produced last Spring. The bay opens to reveal the tracking number inside.

269f3d3d-9bdb-4712-b1ac-110925feb8a5.jpg

So, what would I consider reasonable for a coin like yours...under $18.

I love the SCGA coin!! Its so cool looking. Are they still selling them anywhere?

What would you consider reasonable?

I can understand the complex nature of a geocoin like this. The SCGA (Space Coast Geocachers Association) had a 3D Space Shuttle coin produced last Spring. The bay opens to reveal the tracking number inside.

269f3d3d-9bdb-4712-b1ac-110925feb8a5.jpg

So, what would I consider reasonable for a coin like yours...under $18.

I love the SCGA coin!! Its so cool looking. Are they still selling them anywhere?

If they're not still available from Coins and Pins, I'm pretty sure they're still available from the Space Coast Geocachers Association on-line store at http://shop.spacecoastgeocachers.com/

Invoices are now being sent. Your UFOs will be shipped within 3 business days once the invoice has been paid.

If you have placed a reservation and do not receive a invoice by Friday 25 Feb, please contact me

If you would like to change or cancel your reservation please contact me ASAP.

Any remaining UFOs after reservations are fulfilled will be placed on my website.

Thanks,

Team kizb

Invoices are now being sent. Your UFOs will be shipped within 3 business days once the invoice has been paid.

If you have placed a reservation and do not receive a invoice by Friday 25 Feb, please contact me

Any remaining UFOs after reservations are fulfilled will be placed on my website.

Thanks,

Team kizb

Paid, YAYA! I sooo love this coin :)

Thanks,

Team kizb

Paid, YAYA! I sooo love this coin :)

Me too - I am giddy with anticipation - I cant wait to hold it in my hand! :)

The icons for the UFO Geocoins have been submitted and should online early next week. Here's a sneak peak:

745c523f-d845-447f-91f2-277b01b83248.jpg04c5300e-bb30-4125-ada2-1acc59551c73.jpg

Thank You Jackalgirl for designing a great looking icon set for this project!

For those of you that like numbers, here are the mint numbers for each of the current versions:

70 Antique Silver

70 Chrome

70 Chrome w/ Gold Ring

90 Black Nickle w/ Gold Ring

300 Total

Also here is an update on invoice/shipping in case you're not receiving the e-mails:

All paid invoices have either shipped or will ship by Monday the 28th.

If you live within the US and Canada and have not received an invoice please contact me. Those of you that have already contacted me regarding this, your invoices are being sent today.

For those of you that live outside the US, I'm trying to have your invoices sent by the end of the weekend. Being new to living in Germany I'm having trouble figuring out the German post system. Thank you for being patient.

Edited by Team kizb

Thanks,

Team kizb

i am SO excited!!!!