October 2010 Photo Competition

keehotee

Thanks to grand-moff for choosing my shot to be the winner - a total surprise!!

Please get your photos posted to this thread on or before the 31st of October

The rules are similar to those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. This one I'm going to be harder on. If you wish to submit more than 2 that's up to you - but only the first 2 will be considered. This is the photo comp, not a thread for showing us all your caching pics for the month :D

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in October.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work.

2d757509-18e5-4609-af5e-5a180096f027.jpg

The Blinking Eye

That's really nice. It's hard to do decent low light / long exposure shots like this. Was it propped on the rail of the Tyne Bridge then?

I can't take any credit for the photo Alison Mr U4aJ is the photographer in this house, although I did encourage him to add this photo to the competition as I thought it was a really nice one [:signalviolin:]

You can tell he does not use the forums.....

It is of course The Millenium Bridge in Newcastle, and the photo was taken last weekend, and nope the camera was not propped on the Tyne Bridge it is on a tripod .... he also got some fab shots of the Baltic and the hotel (can't think of the name of it) further up the river all lit up....

Some great shots of Durham too but will have to encourage those one for next month..

Mandy :mmraspberry:

Found Airman John at another cache and was hoping to drop him off at "Fewston, we have a problem...". Due to this TBs mission and the naming of this particular cache, I thought it would be a little amusing. However, it was only amusing when we found the cache and it turned out he was too big to fit in the box. So yes it was a problem of a sorts. Still logged the find. Will just have to find him another cache to continue his mission.

fa70f083-4252-4459-b3b5-179638fca447.jpg

Hi All im new to Geocashing and today after getting my 4th cache i walked back to the car park and it started raining and low and behold a rainbow with the end of the rainbow right over the cache ? not a pot of gold but my 4th cache....this is my picture of the month...e4fb27bb-90c1-4fae-9b89-277944b51fe4.jpg

Edited by colin4unow

Hi All can anyone help?.

how do i upload my picture when i try to upload it i have to put a URL but the pic is on my computer.

I did follow some instructions on how to insert a pic from a url but then it said no dynamic links aloud ....Any Help Thanks in advance Colin

Edited by colin4unow

Hi All can anyone help?.

how do i upload my picture when i try to upload it i have to put a URL but the pic is on my computer.

I did follow some instructions on how to insert a pic from a url but then it said no dynamic links aloud ....Any Help Thanks in advance Colin

By the look of it you will need to upload the photo to somthing like Flikr or Photobucket and then link the URL to there.

Hi All im new to Geocashing and today after getting my 4th cache i walked back to the car park and it started raining and low and behold a rainbow with the end of the rainbow right over the cache ? not a pot of gold but my 4th cache....this is my picture of the month...p><p>[img]<a href=http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/8faa697a-f138-4fcb-9b9c-7a1ce79dfbb5.jpg' alt='8faa697a-f138-4fcb-9b9c-7a1ce79dfbb5.jpg'>

Have a look at Follow the Arrow website for more info on using html and attaching images etc

Edited by Maple Leaf

Hi All can anyone help?.

By the look of it you will need to upload the photo to somthing like Flikr or Photobucket and then link the URL to there.

Ok ive put the pic on Flikr now this forum says You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

The pic is a gif.... what is going on ....

Hi All can anyone help?.

Ok ive put the pic on Flikr now this forum says You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

The pic is a gif.... what is going on ....

You don't need to put it on Flickr. Just upload the picture to the cache page and you can link from it there.

Hi all and thank you so much your your help and suggestions. Im not going to continue to try and post the pic its way to complicated for me to do. I use a computer all the time and have put pics on facebook, twitter, other forums and indead my own website but never have i had this much trouble uploading a pic. I will still use this forum with interest and just a message to the forum administrates please make it possible to just upload a pic and not have to publish it elsewhere this try to link to it. and then get a message about file formats and dynamic links etc.

Again thanks to all

Edited by colin4unow

Hi all and thank you so much your your help and suggestions. Im not going to continue to try and post the pic its way to complicated for me to do. I use a computer all the time and have put pics on facebook, twitter, other forums and indead my own website but never have i had this much trouble uploading a pic. I will still use this forum with interest and just a message to the forum administrates please make it possible to just upload a pic and not have to publish it elsewhere this try to link to it. and then get a message about file formats and dynamic links etc.

Again thanks to all

Don't give up it's easy. If I can do it, believe me you can!

- on your cache log click on 'upload an image for this log' and upload the image

- when that's done, click on the picture to open it

- use that URL to to put it onto the forum using the insert link icon

MrsB might be along shortly. She is quite good at explaining things. She's also kind of UK Geocaching Royalty, so you have to refer to her as ma'am or your maj'.

Again thanks to all

Don't give up it's easy. If I can do it, believe me you can!

- on your cache log click on 'upload an image for this log' and upload the image

- when that's done, click on the picture to open it

- use that URL to to put it onto the forum using the insert link icon

MrsB might be along shortly. She is quite good at explaining things. She's also kind of UK Geocaching Royalty, so you have to refer to her as ma'am or your maj'.

See my post a few above this one ...... is that your picture you wanted to post? If so, you were almost there as you had already added it to your log. I just opened the image from your log (or you can do it from your gallery). Copied the url and pasted it into then 'insert image' icon along the top of the box you type in (looks like a tree) . I always preview my post first to check it looks ok. Then post it.

Go on ... try it :D

Freya on Black Crag trig point, Coniston and Langdale fells behind. It was a stunningly clear day and Black Crag is a brilliant view point for the hills.

2f6499f7-be50-48ec-9f11-58d1619e6346.jpg

Black Crag

Had a trip to the Isle of Man and ascended Snafell to see the Six Kingdoms from Happy Humphrey's cache. Showers to the west but glorious over to the Lakes. Saw Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Mann, and the deep of Poseidon, since we're probably not pure of heart enough to see the kindom of heaven!

87127762-e658-494f-8ab4-151ed0d7e3a3.jpg

Six Kingdoms

Had a trip to the Isle of Man and ascended Snafell to see the Six Kingdoms from Happy Humphrey's cache. Showers to the west but glorious over to the Lakes. Saw Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Mann, and the deep of Poseidon, since we're probably not pure of heart enough to see the kindom of heaven!

Not forgetting Sodor too! :(

I won't bore you all with my critique of all of this months pictures - I'm not qualified. So - without further ado, the winner is........

Martlakes, with this one

2f6499f7-be50-48ec-9f11-58d1619e6346.jpg

because it made me laugh! :antenna:;)

Over to you.......................

Awww no fun – the ‘critique’ is the best bit ;)

I didn’t get around to entering this month (I had a nice photo of a Jay bird taken near a cache in the Cotswolds, but it’s still stuck on my camera) – but I would have been eagerly awaiting my own little comment if I had

I love the winning photo, good choice!

I won't bore you all with my critique of all of this months pictures - I'm not qualified. So - without further ado, the winner is........

because it made me laugh! :antenna:;)

Over to you.......................

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

As good a reason as any!

Fantastic colours. We have had some BRILLIANT autumn colours in the lakes this year haven't we. ;) Its a shame I've been too busy to get out much.

Goodness gracious - we've won! ;):antenna:;)

Freya has a thing about standing on trigs so we've quite a few similar pics, but with more of her in the shot usually! I was standing a bit lower so the 'picture' was much like reality - my view filled with boots! What makes me grin is the neat creases in her trousers, tucked in to the chunky looking boots! ;)

Indeed, it's been a lovely autumn, although a few lost their leaves a bit early cos of the strong winds.

Anyway, plenty of other good pics this month, looking forward to some more in November. I'll get the topic going shortly.

Happy snapping!

Martlakes & Freya ;)