Cool Tool Kool --Check out--{Cach Eye}

yawppy

Was doing the Facebook when I seen the link to this Cach'Eye

I like it! It has it's Pros & Cons, but is still a useful tool. (HMM.. perhaps Groundspeak can implement this as a premium tool one day?)

K so what is this?, it's a PQ, GSAK mapper. Generate a PQ, upload it, surf around & plot your geocaching adventure. Also works with GSAK, there is a macro listed at the site, have not tried it yet.

Cach Eye, allows for one to actually surf the map, with out the GS limit of 500, or the bugs & Script errors. I love this to, in GS maps, the Icons never shrink, therefore the restrictions, with Cach'Eye, the icons shrink to size of the map, allowing one to get a bigger picture of the caching grounds!

It also allows you to create a "Todo list" ( I know not paperless (CON)), but I find myself constantly creating such a list, so this simplifies that process. Plus the mapper has floating coordinates in the upper right hand corner, allowing you to jot down key waypoints, IE parking, trailheads that are hidden etc.

Another pro.. you start a multi, get stuck, it goes to the wayside, or a puzzle cache solved, with this it does not appear to save them ( Only tinkered with this last couple of days) but Cach'eye allows one to correct the coordinates, pretty slick.

I also love the map options, numerous options from google, bing, topo, delorme, as well as the ability to "Grab" coordinates, see the cache look for parking cords all in one place.

As for cons.. you can measure distances, however only shows distances in metric, thusfar, have not been able to switch that.

Also noticed you can not add your own cords, unless you go to gpsvisualizer and process your own .gpx.

Overall, I like it, Cach'Eye has more potential I am sure, so figured I'd share it, and maybe the community can add input then perhaps one day GS will implement this tool for PM's!

I like it! It has it's Pros & Cons, but is still a useful tool. (HMM.. perhaps Groundspeak can implement this as a premium tool one day?)

K so what is this?, it's a PQ, GSAK mapper. Generate a PQ, upload it, surf around & plot your geocaching adventure. Also works with GSAK, there is a macro listed at the site, have not tried it yet.

Cach Eye, allows for one to actually surf the map, with out the GS limit of 500, or the bugs & Script errors. I love this to, in GS maps, the Icons never shrink, therefore the restrictions, with Cach'Eye, the icons shrink to size of the map, allowing one to get a bigger picture of the caching grounds!

It also allows you to create a "Todo list" ( I know not paperless (CON)), but I find myself constantly creating such a list, so this simplifies that process. Plus the mapper has floating coordinates in the upper right hand corner, allowing you to jot down key waypoints, IE parking, trailheads that are hidden etc.

Another pro.. you start a multi, get stuck, it goes to the wayside, or a puzzle cache solved, with this it does not appear to save them ( Only tinkered with this last couple of days) but Cach'eye allows one to correct the coordinates, pretty slick.

I also love the map options, numerous options from google, bing, topo, delorme, as well as the ability to "Grab" coordinates, see the cache look for parking cords all in one place.

As for cons.. you can measure distances, however only shows distances in metric, thusfar, have not been able to switch that.

Also noticed you can not add your own cords, unless you go to gpsvisualizer and process your own .gpx.

Overall, I like it, Cach'Eye has more potential I am sure, so figured I'd share it, and maybe the community can add input then perhaps one day GS will implement this tool for PM's!

Well it seems to me that if you know your way around GSAK with all the macros GSAK will do everything and more then this program will, but nice for others. Besides I don't want to learn another program, but thanks for sharing.

Scubasonic

Well it seems to me that if you know your way around GSAK with all the macros GSAK will do everything and more then this program will, but nice for others. Besides I don't want to learn another program, but thanks for sharing.

However not *everyone* is a rocket scientist which i think is one of the requirements to understanding GSAK.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that you are allowed to upload your PQ's to another website.

What? You upload them to a GPS, lot of folks upload them into GSAK, GPSvisual , and I am sure there are many more.. not allowed, makes no sense to me. Iphone apps, lot of them utilize the PQ, or rather the .gpx output file.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that you are allowed to upload your PQ's to another website.

What? You upload them to a GPS, lot of folks upload them into GSAK, GPSvisual , and I am sure there are many more.. not allowed, makes no sense to me. Iphone apps, lot of them utilize the PQ, or rather the .gpx output file.

You don't upload your pocket query to the GSAK website... you load it into software that resides on your own harddrive. It stays right there on your computer. There is a big difference. I've been wondering if TPTB would say anything, and so far, they haven't, but I believe they have in the past about sites like this. Personally, I could care less, aside from curiosity.
You don't upload your pocket query to the GSAK website... you load it into software that resides on your own harddrive. It stays right there on your computer. There is a big difference. I've been wondering if TPTB would say anything, and so far, they haven't, but I believe they have in the past about sites like this. Personally, I could care less, aside from curiosity.
I don't think there's that big a difference between using local tools and online tools. I use various online tools to handle my PQ data. In doing so, I do not "sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer" the PQ data to a third party, and I do not "remarket, resell, and/or redistribute" the PQ data to a third party. Do users of Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, and other online mail systems violate the Waypoint License Agreement by receiving PQ data in email?