Free Premium Membership; (For Garmin Owners)

BCNorwich

Hello All,

I saw the quote below on EAGeoMobbers, I hadn't seen it on this forum so . . .

"nzcoozer

Geocaching.com are giving 30 days free premium membership to garmin owners.

http://www.geocaching.com/garmin/freetrial.aspx]Free Premium Membership[/url]

If you already have a premium membership you'll get your renewal date pushed out another 30 days.

It's cumulative too, as long as they are registered at garmin and physically connected to your computer when you visit the free trial page you can get 30 days for each of your garmins."

Thanks Garmin and GC.com

Edited by BCNorwich

We have 4 garmin devices al registered

So followed the instructions on the page posted by BCnorwich.. all works and get "Congratulations! - Your Groundspeak Premium Membership is now active until 01/01/0001."

When I look at out account page .. the displayed renewal date does not change ???

So wondering what happens on out renewal date ? does it "automatically" move 30 days for first device and then again for the next etc ?

So followed the instructions on the page posted by BCnorwich.. all works and get "Congratulations! - Your Groundspeak Premium Membership is now active until 01/01/0001."

When I look at out account page .. the displayed renewal date does not change ???

So wondering what happens on out renewal date ? does it "automatically" move 30 days for first device and then again for the next etc ?

This was the same for me ????

I've recently treated myself to a new Garmin and registered it today. I got a confirmatory email within about 5 minutes and the renewal date on my profile moved back 30 days at the same time. Were your devices already registered???

The same has happened to me and the expiry date has remained the same as before, will send Groundspeak an email and see what they say.

The same has happened to me and the expiry date has remained the same as before, will send Groundspeak an email and see what they say.

My expiry date has now been extended by 30 days so all seems to be ok

Hmmm I am confused :anitongue:

When I look at my member stats it says "Member since: 11/16/2003" and also "Your Membership will renew on 12/19/2010"

So has one unit "extended" me .. I cant remember what my renewal date was

I "used" two units via the webpage . might have "lost one "

Confused of wokingham

sent an email to Groundspeak re how to do multiple devices ... no response

Any one registered multiple Garmins and got multiple months ??

I logged two garmin units and got two seperate months added to my account. I did send an email to Groundspaeak as it didnt look like my account had been extended and before i got a reply my account was all sorted. I did get a response from Groundspeak it just took about two days.

I registered 3. I've logged out several times yet still my membership date hasn't changed, I didn't even receive the "Congratulations! - Your Groundspeak Premium Membership is now active until ??/??/????" email.

Anyone got an email address for Garmin?

I normally use Google Chrome as my browser and I have just discovered that this was why it was not working for me. I just tried it using the dreaded IE and it worked, I now have 3 months premium membership added - thanks Garmin. :mmraspberry::anitongue: I suppose I should have sussed this earlier as I can't do my internet banking with Chrome either. :signalviolin: Methinks I'll now download Firefox.

As an aside I had emailed both Groundspeak and Garmin about the problem. Groundspeak did reply offering help but I've not heard a squeek yet from Garmin.

Howdy all - we have been having some problems with the confirmation screen that says 01/01/0001 but we are seeing that the account is upgraded correctly. Please make sure you are logging out and logging back in to make sure the change takes place. If you are still unable to upgrade let us know here. We have people looking into this issue, and we really appreciate your patience!

Colin

Groundspeak Lackey

I'm struggling to get this to work. I go to the GC freetrial page and follow the instructions but the activate button remains greyed out with "Detecting plugin..." above it. The Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page confirms that the plugin is installed and up to date, I'm using IE8 and a restart doesn't help. I've also tried it on Sue's laptop and got the same result!

Anybody got any ideas?

I'm struggling to get this to work. I go to the GC freetrial page and follow the instructions but the activate button remains greyed out with "Detecting plugin..." above it. The Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page confirms that the plugin is installed and up to date, I'm using IE8 and a restart doesn't help. I've also tried it on Sue's laptop and got the same result!

Anybody got any ideas?

Just come across this and I cannot get it to work either :huh:

I wonder if its due to a breakdown in contact between Garmin and Groundspeak?

I tend to agree. Having been successful with two devices a while back I decided to try tonight with the other one I had been meaning to register for ages but hadn't got round to it. I didn't get past the greyed out bit either. Not a big loss, just annoyed with myself for waiting until it is apparently too late :D .

I tend to agree. Having been successful with two devices a while back I decided to try tonight with the other one I had been meaning to register for ages but hadn't got round to it. I didn't get past the greyed out bit either. Not a big loss, just annoyed with myself for waiting until it is apparently too late :D .

Considering the promotion is about 2 months old i'm sure its over.

Is this 'breakdown in contact' of which you speak a known fact or assumption?

Just because Garmin have now gone into competition in the listing game it does not necessarily follow. Most private sector companies recognise that competition is generally good all round. I suspect that Groundspeak is big enough to weather the storm and grow, they certainly have a base of fiercely loyal customers who aren't likely to jump ship overnight; I for one am happy to support both. I've no doubt that there is room in the market for them both to grow.

Hopefully this new kid on the block will result in us all winning out some way; Groundspeak, Garmin and most importantly us, the geocachers. :D

So I registered the GPS with Garmin - All OK

I installed the Garmin Communicator plugin - All OK

Now GC.com is asking me to connect the GPS to my PC before it will validate/activate the 30 day extension.

But I don't have a PC cable for the Etrex! :)

Has anybody else come across this?

Is there a work-around?

I thought I had come up with the perfect plan. A friend has one that you could have borrowed but realistically the postage is probably going to add up to more than the months extra subscription.