APE coins now available

hydnsek

WSGA is pleased to announce that the antique silver Regular edition of our Going APE geocoin is now available ($10 plus shipping, no limit).

The coin commemorates our own Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (GC1169), the only remaining APE cache in the U.S. It was designed by WSGA members FluteFace and Avroair, with support from Moun10Bike (cache owner) and Groundspeak (permission to recreate the "dancing ape"). So it has an impressive pedigree. :D The coin is 2 inches high with hard enamel and seven colors, including four translucents and a glow (the tunnel opening). It has a custom prefix (AP) and custom icon.

>> Order your APE coin <<

coin-ape.front.back.png36cd9588-92df-41e7-a388-d21bb667006c.jpg

Note: The light-yellow parts in the above image are antique silver in this version of the coin. (Sorry, this image was created for the limited gold GeoWoodstock VIII Edition, which is no longer available. We don't have one for the silver version.)

Edited by hydnsek

Anyone has a gold version of these for trade? Since I just visited the Ape cache, I would like to trade for one of the Geowoodstock VIII gold versions.

Please send me an email through my caching profile if you have one for trade, or might know one who has one of these. Thank You.

WSGA is pleased to announce that the antique silver Regular edition of our Going APE geocoin is now available ($10 plus shipping, no limit).

The coin commemorates our own Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (GC1169), the only remaining APE cache in the U.S. It was designed by WSGA members FluteFace and Avroair, with support from Moun10Bike (cache owner) and Groundspeak (permission to recreate the "dancing ape"). So it has an impressive pedigree. :D The coin is 2 inches high with hard enamel and seven colors, including four translucents and a glow (the tunnel opening). It has a custom prefix (AP) and custom icon.

Note: The light-yellow parts in the above image are antique silver in this version of the coin. (Sorry, this image was created for the limited gold GeoWoodstock VIII Edition, which is no longer available. We don't have one for the silver version.)

These are still available. I just bought a couple more at the WSGA Holiday Party.

Yes, we still have silver APE coins available - thanks to Avroair for bumping the thread. Order yours today.

Last week I bought 2 Going APE, and 2 APE cachekinz, by PayPal trough the treasurer of WSGA.

I don't have yet any notice.

Do you can tell me something about it, please.

Thanks

Edit to add: I have news. Solved!

Edited by manu luq

Yes, we still have silver APE coins available - thanks to Avroair for bumping the thread. Order yours today.

Last week I bought 2 Going APE, and 2 APE cachekinz, by PayPal trough the treasurer of WSGA.

Thanks

Hi there. Thanks for your order of APE coins/cachekinz! You placed your order on Feb. 3, and posted this same inquiry in the WSGA forums on Feb. 4, and our treasurer answered you within a few hours. Did you check for replies to your message?

Our treasurer's reply was: "Yes, everything is correct. Your order is ready to do, but because it requires special handling (international order), I need to go to the Post Office in person. I should be able to do this tomorrow, Monday at the latest. Your order will be marked as shipped in PayPal after it is mailed it, you should receive a notification from PayPal when that is done."

Edited by hydnsek

Thanks

Hi there. Thanks for your order of APE coins/cachekinz! You placed your order on Thur. Feb. 3, and posted this same inquiry in the WSGA forums on Fri. Feb. 4, and our treasurer answered you within a few hours. Today is Sunday Feb. 6. Are you checking for replies to your messages?

Our treasurer's reply was: "Yes, everything is correct. Your order is ready to do, but because it requires special handling (international order), I need to go to the Post Office in person. I should be able to do this tomorrow, Monday at the latest. Your order will be marked as shipped in PayPal after it is mailed it, you should receive a notification from PayPal when that is done."

Yes, I've now checked replies, and later I've seen this post.

Thanks so much!

I registered in order to order a coin. Sadly, I forgot to put USA in my address. I suppose I will have to wait a bit before I am allowed to update my profile.

I'm not sure what this means, but you don't have to put USA in your address when you register on the WSGA site. We do validate all new registrations before activating them, however. Normally, this is done within 24 hours, and you can then order coins, become a member, etc.

Edited by hydnsek

I registered in order to order a coin. Sadly, I forgot to put USA in my address. I suppose I will have to wait a bit before I am allowed to update my profile.

I'm not sure what this means, but you don't have to put USA in your address when you register on the WSGA site. We do validate all new registrations before activating them, however. Normally, this is done within 24 hours, and you can then order coins, become a member, etc.

It let me place the order. Thanks.

Still available!

Still available!

Clarification. WSGA is selling the antique silver edition (artwork shows the antique gold which was sold at the Going Ape event).

Still available!

Clarification. WSGA is selling the antique silver edition (artwork shows the antique gold which was sold at the Going Ape event).