Desperately seeking Mac Help

salmondan

Been a paperless Mac user for years using a Legend Cx, Palm m500, premium membership/queries, cachemate and MacCMconvert. Bit of a learning curve at first- but worked for me- until I replaced my older Mac.

Looks like the palm can no longer work on this newer operating system.

Computer came with an ipod so was hoping I could use that to load my pocket queries. Foolishly bought the geocaching app without fully researching- and find it is not intuitive, does not have any sort of help file, and don't see any forum for help questions. Hopefully I am being dense and these things exist- if so just steer me in the right direction.

If not- anyone know if the ipod is capable of storing pocket queries and if so, how? I looked up a tutorial on youtube- but it was an older version of the app- I'm stuck on my device's current location is...... once I get there (used the home set up/as this is an ipod/not phone- did I perhaps get the wrong app?) and never do get to the pocket query screen that is demonstrated on the video.

Thanks- very, very frustrated, went caching yesterday without notes and did pretty poorly- really do need my hints and logs.

The touch- 8gb- generation just before the one that came out this month.

Not sure how I did it- but did get my queries to load today- and had a successful day.

Just ordered some shield protectors from Zagg as the unit is far more delicate than the palm.

If anyone wants a palm m500 with all the accessories, leather case and cachemate loaded- get in touch. Gonna miss that thing......

what model ipod did you get with the computer?

Yeah, figured that out, but couldn't do that on the Palm either- it's fine. Just need to see the description, hints and some logs when I reach the cache. Not really interested in paying monthly fees for a smart phone nor upgrading my GPS yet.

I'm good now. Thanks for the help.

he touch- 8gb-...did get my queries to load today
Yeah, that'll work for carrying your cache info around.

It just won't be able to load queries, upload logs, show or update your location, unless you're next to a WiFi hotspot. Gotta save all that stuff for when you're home.

Although there are many options for an iPod touch or iPhone, I like the Geocaching with Geosphere app. I've owned the Groundspeak app since Dec 2008, but I got Geosphere a few months later and hardly ever use the Groundspeak app now. GBHome has an awesome support forum for Geosphere and the documentation is very good (watch a video rather than read a manual).