Does The Price Seem A Little Steep On This?

G & C

eBay Auction for Sea Shepherd GeoCoin

I'm sure they're rare, as I've been looking for one for purchase, but $100 seems a little high, does it not? Anyone know where else these can be found, or is this what I can expect to be paying for one of these bad boys?

That is crazy high!

I'll bet if you post in the trading thread, you would be able to find someone willing to trade you for one!

eBay Auction for Sea Shepherd GeoCoin

I'm sure they're rare, as I've been looking for one for purchase, but $100 seems a little high, does it not? Anyone know where else these can be found, or is this what I can expect to be paying for one of these bad boys?

That is crazy high!

I'll bet if you post in the trading thread, you would be able to find someone willing to trade you for one!

I'd love to, but I don't have much for trade. I mostly buy coins that I want to put in my collection or send out into the world, but rarely extras. Maybe it's worth a shot though. Thanks for the tip!

There may be a chance that the seller is not a geocacher as it was mentioned in multiple locations and we know how passionate some of these guys can be with all things supporting their crusade. :ph34r:

Whilst the image shows some writing on the edge as per the original coin release by C&P, it may be activated as it doesn't say otherwise.....Caveat emptor.

Sounds like the seller is making the buyers pay for their original donation to the SSCS. :D

mm

Well I got mine a year ago for about $12 and there hasn't been a single nibble at that asking price so clearly it's not in high demand for that much. Keep checking as one is bound to show up for normal bidding not a ridiculous "see what I can get away with" ransom demand as this.

You may even ask the seller if that is a misprint or if s/he really intended such a high starting bid.

Edited by Droo