Earthcache Banners

PaneledZero

I am curious as to how some of you have Earthcache banners on your personal profiles and Earthcache pages. I would like to promote Earthcaching on my Earthcache pages. I have looked over the Earthcache.org website and have not been able to locate any. I would appreicate any help you all might have.

Thanks!

PaneledZero :unsure:

I am curious as to how some of you have Earthcache banners on your personal profiles and Earthcache pages. I would like to promote Earthcaching on my Earthcache pages. I have looked over the Earthcache.org website and have not been able to locate any. I would appreicate any help you all might have.

Thanks!

PaneledZero :unsure:

Back "in the day", when the GSA approved ECs, we added the "Approved By" message. link and the GSA logo. Since ECs are no longer approved by GSA, we no longer add the info but have left it on the previously approved earthcaches.

The "Masters" logo was done as permitted by the GSA and once you have the jpg image, it's a matter of a little html added and pasted to your cache page. In other words, you probably shouldn't use the approved by the GSA information, but you can use the appropriate Masters level info. Maybe Geoaware can provide input.

I hope this helps. :unsure:

If there is enough call I would happily develop a nice banner and provide the link so all you need to do is cut and paste that link into your cache pages.

Who would be interested?

That would be nice...I see a lot of ECs which have a HUGE (ugly) "EarthCaches Rock" banner. Something a bit smaller would be great for those folks who need to print these out.

It’s been pretty quiet in here since you posted the image...OK I’ll go first. I don’t like it. While I am not a graphic artist, I do know a pleasing image when I see it and this one falls short. The blurred image is very distracting and I don’t even know what is in the second tile. Also the size is way too big (yes I know that some of us know how to reduce it but many do not).

Have you considered letting the forum take a stab at this...perhaps offer up a coin for the winning design which includes the elements you specify?

Also I’m not sure what Groundspeak’s take is on the banner including "SUBARU"...I applaud their support and would like to give them the proper recognition...I just want to be sure that it is OK with Groundspeak.

Again I don’t mean to be overly critical, I just want us to put our best image forward.

It’s been pretty quiet in here since you posted the image...OK I’ll go first. I don’t like it. While I am not a graphic artist, I do know a pleasing image when I see it and this one falls short. The blurred image is very distracting and I don’t even know what is in the second tile. Also the size is way too big (yes I know that some of us know how to reduce it but many do not).

Have you considered letting the forum take a stab at this...perhaps offer up a coin for the winning design which includes the elements you specify?

Also I’m not sure what Groundspeak’s take is on the banner including "SUBARU"...I applaud their support and would like to give them the proper recognition...I just want to be sure that it is OK with Groundspeak.

Again I don’t mean to be overly critical, I just want us to put our best image forward.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but we agree with Lostby7 (not saying HE is a wet blanket). It's too big, too commercial (Subaru reference, usually not allowed by GS) and too cluttered. How about allowing some earthcacher submissions? Perhaps a contest?

I am sure there are some artists among us.

Thanks and please consider. :anitongue:

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

:anitongue: I was expecting the backlash - everyone is an artist, everyone is a critic!

But yours is a great idea! A competition is born.

I will get details up in the next day or so. :anitongue:

;) I was expecting the backlash - everyone is an artist, everyone is a critic!

But yours is a great idea! A competition is born.

I will get details up in the next day or so. :D

I am thankful and not a critic of the banner, but the idea of the competition sounds great. B)

Thanks!

PaneledZero ;)

I am happy to see that I am not the only one who wanted to put a banner on my Earthcache pages. I have to say I am very impressed to see how many people like to be involved in these types of caches like I do. I can't wait to see what people can come up with. I am no artist, but will give feedback if it's wanted.

Thanks again all...

PaneledZero :D

I am happy to see that I am not the only one who wanted to put a banner on my Earthcache pages. I have to say I am very impressed to see how many people like to be involved in these types of caches like I do. I can't wait to see what people can come up with. I am no artist, but will give feedback if it's wanted.

Thanks again all...

PaneledZero ;)

Your feedback is wanted.......................................by some! lol

We hope you artists out there get busy.

Where's Daniel when you need him? :D

The contest to create the official EarthCache banner is ON!

Goal: Create a banner that can be shared with other users to post at www.geocaching.com in their EarthCache submissions.

How to enter: A new EarthCache forum thread will be created for the contest. Post your banner in the new thread.

Deadline: 7 November 2010

Judging: The decision on the winner will be made by the EarthCache Reviewer team. The decision they make will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Incentive: GSA will mail a complete collection of GSA EarthCache coins to the creator of the winning banner!

Result: The winning banner will be posted at www.EarthCache.org for any EarthCacher to download and use. The final artwork will become the property of the Geological Society of America who will have the right to post, print, use, modify, etc. without the permission or consent of the original artist.

Required elements:

1. A heading that says something like “EarthCache”, “Official EarthCache”, “Proud to be an Official EarthCacher”, etc.;

2. The official EarthCache logo (the cutaway globe);

3. The Geological Society of America (GSA) logo;

4. The text “The EarthCache program is coordinated by the Geological Society of America, in conjunction with Groundspeak.”;

5. The link to the official EarthCache website: www.EarthCache.org;

6. A reasonable size—not too wide, not too tall, not too obtrusive;

7. An eye-catching, but uncluttered design.

Please note that designed need to follow the “no commercial content” in order to remain within the guidelines for what can appear on a cache page.

Optional element:

1. The name of the artist, i.e. “Designed by…”

Good luck! We look forward to seeing the entries!

Edited by geoaware