UK GPS unit Suppliers?

zpyder

I'm guessing this has been asked a few times before, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for GPS suppliers in the UK that are cheap and possibly do bulk buy discounts. I know in the scheme of things 5 units isn't really bulk, but it's still 5x as many units as Joe Bloggs would normally order.

I think work (A university) is looking into probably either the Garmin 60CSx or the 62S(t). I want to recommend the 62s, but without seeing a 62 IRL I can't in good conscience on the grounds of the reports of the squeaking, as the units need to be durable, so I get the impression the 60's might be a bit more well built!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing this has been asked a few times before, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for GPS suppliers in the UK that are cheap and possibly do bulk buy discounts. I know in the scheme of things 5 units isn't really bulk, but it's still 5x as many units as Joe Bloggs would normally order.

I think work (A university) is looking into probably either the Garmin 60CSx or the 62S(t). I want to recommend the 62s, but without seeing a 62 IRL I can't in good conscience on the grounds of the reports of the squeaking, as the units need to be durable, so I get the impression the 60's might be a bit more well built!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My last few units I bought from Active GPS

http://www.activegps.co.uk/

There website is accurate on in stock / out of stock .. Found you can call and discuss delivery options with them (ie ship the Discoverer maps now and the Garmin next week etc)

I ordered a second 550T from them and they called me to say they where out of stock but may get some later in the week .. I asked if they'd let me know (not expecting them to do anything) and surprise on Friday they called me said No new stock so offered I could cancel the order if I wanted (at no cost no hastle etc)

Sure there are others as well .. however I was impressed with these guys and would use them again .. Prices are pretty competitive too