Another missing trackable reappears!

HazelS

After just over three years, one of my favourite coins has reappeared!! :unsure:

My little P&T coin went missing and after six or seven emails to the holder, I put it down to experience and gave up on it. In fact, I think I actually bought another P&T coin from P&T to "replace" it.... although I never released it!!

Anyway - the original P&T coin was last seen at the Gathering at the Glens event in 2007 and it turned up in Colorado last week. Today it was placed into a cache again wow!!

Oh I love happy endings! :unsure::unsure:

Good news!

My TB TB14REN went missing in 2008 after a newbie failed to log it into a cache they placed on a well known "party island" in Florida which subsequently got muggled. It was then "discovered" by someone with no finds who was given it and didn't know what geocaching was.

She seemed willing to help the TB on its way at first but then she stopped replying to my e-mails. :unsure:

Last year I brought a coin back from the US, only to find it wasn't among my trackable collection in England. I emailed the owner to apologise for losing it.

Then about 11 months later I moved a suitcase and heard a rattle. Turned out the coin had gotten into the lining of the suitcase. So within an hour it was in a cache, and although it had lain dormant for 11 months I did put 3600 miles on its tally.

Weirder still, it was dropped off by a cacher on their first ever find (log).

Rather makes you think ... how did they get hold of the coin in the first place?

New account, old cacher???

:ph34r::D

Hmm yeah - and the last person that picked it up (as opposed to discovering it) hasn't cached (roughly) since the Gathering in the Glens event where it went missing until around the date the coin was found in Colorado (a three year gap!) , although they've not logged any caches in Colorado....

I don't care how it got there, or who with, all I care about is the fact that it's back in circulation!

Weirder still, it was dropped off by a cacher on their first ever find (log).

Rather makes you think ... how did they get hold of the coin in the first place?

New account, old cacher???

:blink:;)

Hmm yeah - and the last person that picked it up (as opposed to discovering it) hasn't cached (roughly) since the Gathering in the Glens event where it went missing until around the date the coin was found in Colorado (a three year gap!) , although they've not logged any caches in Colorado....

I don't care how it got there, or who with, all I care about is the fact that it's back in circulation!

True, I've just picked up a coin in Middlesbrough that had been logged as MIA over a year ago and am looking for a suitable cache to put it back in

I picked up some coins at an event (off the pile on the table) only to discover that they had gone missing some months before. No clue as to who had dropped them off, but what a good way to 'launder' a TB that you have mislaid and then found again. The owners were pleased, anyhow.

One of my coins was placed in the final cache of a multi GC21RF4 in Germany. One of the intermediate locations went missing / was muggled but the rest of the cache, including the final box were still in place. The cache owner never responded to requests the sort it out so the German reviewer archived the cache. Now nobody will bother to go and look for it... More German geolitter! So... If anyone is planning a trip to Germany, there's box out there, still hidden with my geocoin in it. All rescue attempts will be applauded!

Another reason why reviewers shouldn't just archive caches without some system in place to deal with the assorted plastic/metal/paper/stuff that is left to litter up the countryside!

My coin TB37TM0 was found by a family who aren't even geocachers. They saw it was just lying on the ground. They very kindly posted it back to me, and it is travelling again. I explained to them about geocaching, and hope they have a go, because if they can spot a trackable without even looking, they'd obviously be experts at finding caches.

One of my coins was placed in the final cache of a multi GC21RF4 in Germany. One of the intermediate locations went missing / was muggled but the rest of the cache, including the final box were still in place. The cache owner never responded to requests the sort it out so the German reviewer archived the cache. Now nobody will bother to go and look for it... More German geolitter! So... If anyone is planning a trip to Germany, there's box out there, still hidden with my geocoin in it. All rescue attempts will be applauded!

Another reason why reviewers shouldn't just archive caches without some system in place to deal with the assorted plastic/metal/paper/stuff that is left to litter up the countryside!

Waddaya know..... Someone (on another thread) mentioned a Travel Bug Rescue scheme(?) so a few days ago, more in hope than expectation, I registered the above coin on that site. I had an email a few minutes ago to say that :-

tb-rescue.com has news for your rescue request (Travel Bug® TB2TQCB 'Pharisee's East Anglia Cachers Geocoin #2'):

'mado-germany' has successfully rescued your Travel Bug®!!!!!!

How cool is that!!

Edited by Pharisee

Good news! Glad it worked for you.

I've looked at that site a few times. I've noted a TB stuck in a puzzle cache near Goodrich so I might persuade MrB that we should take a drive that way at the weekend. I've looked at a couple of other ones that "need rescue" not two far from us - For one of them the cache has been archived and there's no sign of any remains and for the other one it seems the trackable is not there because other visitors to the cache have stated it's missing in their logs.

MrsB

One of my TBs has just reappeared. One of the USA reviewers marked it as missing, how do I reactivative it?

Go to your TB page, copy its tracking number, Add Log Entry, Select "Grab it from somewhere else", paste in the tracking number, add comment to box, then Submit Log Entry.

And it will be back "in your (virtual) hands". You can then use a Note log to correctly place it wherever it is at the moment.

MrsB :P

Thanks

I did as suggested and have it back but its still marked as missing!!"!!

I presume this is your Dolphin TB?

When I looked at that one it shows as being "in the hands of owner", not "Unknown location" (i.e. Missing).

Where is the TB at the moment? Is it with pralnwuf? If so, pralnwuf needs to do a "grab it from current holder..." log to take it into their hands, ready for them to drop it off into another cache.

MrsB

I had this log recently on one of my bugs, and i didnt even know it was missing.

"I get this Item at a petrol station! A Woman ask me about the Caching-Sticker on my car. After a small talk she give me this item.

It'a very nice coin! I was in england in 1995. And I like lots of british things.... Stonehenge, Hot Fuzz, Doctor Who, Torchwood, vinegar chips, etc....

Next year i want to Scotland.... "

I am just happy it was handed over.