google was no help

DFNOMAD

My guess is that it's a local term, probably referring to a cache like those hidden by someone who uses "booger" as his geocaching handle. When I used the "Find Another Player" tool, I found a number of users with "booger" in their handle, but no one who uses just "booger" as a handle.

Again, in my area, "booger" (pronounced boo'jer) is almost always the electric transformer found in all shopping malls, strip malls, light industrial area, residential areas, etc. They are almost always green although many seem to also come in tan or sandstone colors to blend in better to our environment. Cache is usually under the bottom lip and magnetic.

OK, I'll bite. WHY is this known as a "booger cache?"

Those caches may bring this to the cacher's mind.

Hans

Not really, given that:

Again, in my area, "booger" (pronounced boo'jer) is almost always the electric transformer found in all shopping malls, strip malls, light industrial area, residential areas, etc. They are almost always green although many seem to also come in tan or sandstone colors to blend in better to our environment. Cache is usually under the bottom lip and magnetic.

Booger the dried mucus product is apparently not pronounced the same as booger the electric transformer. Still not clear as to why this name has attached itself to transformers.