60CSX or Oregon 200

GDSKWats

Currently using a Blackberry with Geocache Navigator (because thats what I'm used to and I can find updated logs, etc much easier) and going to the Oregon 200 when I get in close to a cache. I'm sure I need more time to figure out the 200 but I'm a bit frustrated as I can't get maps to display properly if at all (Topo Canada is installed on the microSD). I usually get a white screen with a couple red dots on it and everything I do to try and change it doesn't help. I find the thing a pain to use with the touchscreen offering limited choices.

I'm considering taking the Oregon back (costco-$279) and picking up the GPSMAP 60CSX (costco-$219). How do the two compare? I know the 60CSX has an electronic compass but does that matter? Is it easier to use? Is the display better on the 60CSX? (the sunlight issue wasn't too bad on the 200 but the Blackberry was smaller but easier to read).

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

as good and solid as the 60csx is, i'd go paperless if i were you, so i'd stick with the oregon 200 between those 2 units.

compass on the 62 is nice (i'm guessing the 60 is similar). my bros has the 60cx and it's a great unit, but i know he prefer a paperless unit now.

load up a ton of caches and you don't have to worry about bringing paper.

90 days with costco too, so you still might have a chance to return it in a month or two if something better comes along.

not sure about the touchless GPSr though, i leaned and was able to get a 62s from MEC for $399 and my wife let me buy it, so i jumped on it.

pretty sure you'd be happy with either, but again, paperless is very very nice.

Edited by brucered

...I'm sure I need more time to figure out the 200 but I'm a bit frustrated as I can't get maps to display properly if at all (Topo Canada is installed on the microSD). I usually get a white screen with a couple red dots on it and everything I do to try and change it doesn't help. I find the thing a pain to use with the touchscreen offering limited choices.

I got the same package from Costco this spring and haven't had any problems using the maps. Have you checked out http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Maps ? I find the touchscreen and geocaching features much easier to use than on my old Map76C.