caches on memory map.

cats-eyes

in GSAK export as memory map CSV

I find that the names are too long in MM and they obscure the map, so edit the CSV in excel/OpenOffice.

500 caches would be a PIA to edit.

I usually do it for working out a route for a ring or in a small area, by cutting down the number of caches in the PQ

Edited by Djinnsplace

You can import several 1000 cache PQ's into MM from GSAK, but too many slows the whole thing down - takes an age to open the properties of a cache. You can modify the icons to something that suits you, flags for Trads, dots for multis etc. Give me a shout if you have any problems.

Steve.

With one of the GSAK macros and Lordelph's icons you can have the proper icon for each cache type.

in GSAK export as memory map CSV

I find that the names are too long in MM and they obscure the map, so edit the CSV in excel/OpenOffice.

Remove the "%name" from the Waypoint Name field in the GSAK macro dialogue box. Replace it with "%code" and you'll just get the GC code shown in MemoryMap. No need to do any editing :laughing:

I use the ...

Overlay/Import, select gpx in the file type drop down, and open it up! ....

approach and dont use gsak. The same file then goes on MM as I load onto the Colorado.

What I dont seem to be able to do is get anything other than the standard cache icon to appear on MM. For example if I want GC codes next to the icon then I have to edit properties of each.

Any suggestions ?

Remove the "%name" from the Waypoint Name field in the GSAK macro dialogue box. Replace it with "%code" and you'll just get the GC code shown in MemoryMap. No need to do any editing :laughing:

Or, if like me you cannot get on with the GC codes replace the Name field with %short which will use the GSAK short name which I find much more use than the codes.

Sorry to drag this thread kicking and screaming back to life but it seems to cover nearly all my questions. Except one.....

I'm using Rutson's superb macro and Lordelph's amazing icons (does being a creep help?)

When exported to MM, everything shows up fine. The caches have their smart names just how I wanted.

But I can't for the life of me get labels on the child waypoints. So I get various parking icons and trailhead icons but they're not labelled.

Opening the properties of these children shows they have their full name assigned, and by ticking the 'show name' box the name does show up on the map - but too long of course and only for the one waypoint.

I have tried putting %smart %children %c_ShortName into the macro dialog box, but that seems to mess everything up and I get micro icons and the word "Parking" where it should be a traditional and traditionals where a parking icon should be etc etc.

I'm not a parent myself, so could someone tell me how to get children to behave and do what I want them to do?

I'm going to have to find a naughty step macro soon if they don't do as they are told.

Thanks

What I dont seem to be able to do is get anything other than the standard cache icon to appear on MM. For example if I want GC codes next to the icon then I have to edit properties of each.

Any suggestions ?

I don't use GSAK (have never needed it yet) - is there a way to change the icon for all caches, without having to do each one individually?

Really have no desire to install GSAK just for this purpose, so any hints would be appreciated!!

Cheers,

Chalky