I found a bug, but its number won't come up

Team PL

Hello, this is my first experience with a travel bug. It is a small lion beanie. I found it in the Tired Legs Cache (GC3A24) in Poway, CA. I searched for the number on its ID tag (XXXXXX). Another bug with a very different number comes up. How can you find a TB if it's number isn't in the system? Is it possible this is an AWOL TB that has been recently re-released but its info is archived? Thanks for your help!

Edit: I've x'ed out the TB ID number.

[This message was edited by PL on April 16, 2002 at 02:35 PM.]

PL,

First thing... the bugs number is private and should not be posted in these forums or in your cache log. You ought to go back and edit those out.

I did a bit of research, and I believe I've figured out the problem.

The bug that comes up when you enter that number is TBAC3.

The bug whose number you have is TBA7F.

It seems the owner of these bugs swapped the numbers somehow or something.

Actually, I'm a bit confused myself. You ought to email the owner about this.

Hmmm.. you know what. I think I understand what happened. The owner has used the imprinted TB tag numbers as the names of the bugs, only he swapped 'em.

It also seems he hasn't logged the bug you found as having been placed in a cache yet.

Someone else that is more familiar with TB's (like Maxwell) ought to help you out quite a bit more than me... but I was intrigued by the mystery. Seems to me the owner needs to be contacted so that he can correct the error. Also, he should change the names of the bugs to something other than the tag numbers.

Jamie

That's a tough one.. it may have been activated or attached incorrectly to start with. First I think I would email the owner of the travel bug page that it brings you to see if that is indeed the owner. If that doesn't work you may need to email Jeremy to see if he can give you any further info as to the bugs owner. Good Luck!

For those who can't find the stuff because of the later edits, the two bugs in question are BugA and BugB.

If the bug owner wants to place the code as the name of the bug, so be it. It's his danger.

I'd say these bugs were just implemented with a little confusion. I had a really hard time keeping the bugs, codes and ID tags all straight when I was trying to start The Challenge of the Superfriends. Took me three tries to get the pages right. Luckily, I got it right before they all went out in the mail to the prospective starters.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page