Uploading Images

Guest BikerGar

Guest BikerGar

Two questions. (First) How do I upload an image of my TB to the Gallery? (Second) Either by mistake or stupidity I uploaded several images to my TB's page. Is this the reason why you have to click on track images in order to view an image of the bug? If this is the case how do I get rid of the uploaded images in the lower left of the upload an image page. If not the case how do I get an image of the bug to appear when one calls up the TB page.(I didn't know how to spell imaige when I started this thread)

Guest Webfoot

quote:
Two questions. (First) How do I upload an image of my TB to the Gallery?

Log in to your cache page, then go to your T-bug page. There should be a link that says upload image on it. Click there and follow the directions.

quote:
(Second) Either by mistake or stupidity I uploaded several images to my TB's page. Is this the reason why you have to click on track images in order to view an image of the bug? If this is the case how do I get rid of the uploaded images in the lower left of the upload an image page. If not the case how do I get an image of the bug to appear when one calls up the TB page.

If you're logged on, you should be able to delete any or all of the images from your T-Bug page. The image has to be in JPEG format for you to have an image on the page itself. Upload the image in jpg format and then click on the edit this page link on your T-bug page to include the image.

To have it show up in the gallery you must be logged in... click on "Edit this Item" on top right corner on the TB bug page... then look for the little drop down window where is says select an image to display and Highlight one of the images that you uploaded and click Edit your travel bug on the bottom. Good Luck.

Guest BikerGar

I logged in, clicked on my page, clicked on my TB page, Clicked on upload an image, I got a reponse that the upload was successful went back to the TB page, clicked on edit and behold there was a dropdown box to upload an image. Did this, went back to the TB page and there was the image. I couldn't find it in the gallery. I went off line and came back on a liitle later and the image is not on the TB page any more. This is the second time this has happened. The dropdown box does not appear on the edit TB page and the list of uploaded images is getting longer in the lower left of the upload images page making me think that I'm wasting someones storage space. In a nutshell my list of UNUSED images keeps getting larger and my TB image keeps disappearing off his page. What am I doing wrong and is there a way to delete the list of images on the upload page.

Guest BikerGar

I believe with your guys help I got the image where it's supposed to be and it stayed there. Thanks

BUT is there a way to delete the several images in the bottom left corner of the upload images page? These are images I've deleted off the TB page.

Guest Markwell

Those extra pictures on the "Upload Image" page are "archived" photos. A good database administrator never deletes, he just makes the data unavailable, which is exactly what Jeremy has done in this case (and on caches as well).

While you can't delete the extra unwanted images, no one else except Jeremy can see them. Best solution is to just ignore them and not worry about it.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest BikerGar

Thanks guys, you took care of all my problems and answered all my questions. Markwell, I visited your website, that's pretty impressive, but between geocaching, confluencing, and now geodashing I need to take someone with me to hold the third GPS. Excuse my ignorance, if you knew me you'd get tired of hearing that phrase, but what means the Latin(?) phrase at the end of your post. Thanks again guys.