Where are all the geocachers in and around Fairplay

ladyluk

Where are all the geocachers around Fairplay Colorado? I placed a new cache about three weeks ago and it has only had two visitors!!! Come on Fairplay get with the program... I also have two caches up the Chicago Lake Trail near Echo Lake Colorado and they have had several visits....How do you get people to go out and find the cache??? :wub::)

Where are all the geocachers around Fairplay Colorado? I placed a new cache about three weeks ago and it has only had two visitors!!! Come on Fairplay get with the program... I also have two caches up the Chicago Lake Trail near Echo Lake Colorado and they have had several visits....How do you get people to go out and find the cache??? :wub::)

One does NOT get people to go out and find their cache. I placed one in Chalk Creek Canyon in January and it was May before it was found. Some people would go for the challenge, others will wait til nicer weather. When I put it out I was more curious about how long it would take before somebody found it, and it's not that hard to find.

In your case, and I haven't looked at it at all, it might be location. If it is in or near town the higher the percentage it will be found sooner. If it is out in the mountains then the chance goes down. It's hunting season now and nobody wants to get shot! :)

As for me and my partner.... we'll be over there sometime but we won't make a special run that way just to find it right now. :wub:

Our family has a cabin in Indian Mountain and we've grabbed most of the caches IN Fairplay, so we're familiar with the area. Your cache is up in the hills and after tourist season, I wouldn't expect it to get a lot of hits. Patience. :blink:

Edited by Ecylram

Maybe you should schedule a Meet N Greet so you can meet some cachers around Fairplay. Check out www.geocachingcolo.com and take a look at their events. They would help you coordinate an event. I have a place at CORA up there. I haven't been up lately but if I come up I'll find your cache. TheBod11