If you are good with Gps's then reply

jindi kid

What Gps's accept pocket queries and allow you to run paperless geocaching, but is still good under trees and finds satellites fast

I have a Delorme PN-60. It does paperless caching really well - holding, hints, logs, etc. It acquires satellites usually in less than 10secs. As far as working well under trees, it has never lost reception or had any weird behavior (that I didn't cause :) ).

It comes with a a powerful map package including topographic maps of North America. It's great for hiking also!

Good good is it very accurate though

I have several GPSr's that perform quite well including the Garmin 60/76Csx. It performs as well or better than those. As the Garmin units have, the Delorme PN-60 uses Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) to improve accuracy. It also has a proprietary filter to improve interpretation of satellite data.

What Gps's accept pocket queries and allow you to run paperless geocaching, but is still good under trees and finds satellites fast

I have a Delorme PN-60. It does paperless caching really well - holding, hints, logs, etc. It acquires satellites usually in less than 10secs. As far as working well under trees, it has never lost reception or had any weird behavior (that I didn't cause :) ).

It comes with a a powerful map package including topographic maps of North America. It's great for hiking also!

It's all in the box, nothing else to buy.

Hey JK,

Just a heads up....the PN60 is primarily a GPS customised for the USA with mapping of their area available only. I don't know of any Aussies with one and as such I believe you may struggle with its features. A nice GPS, just not what i believe you really need based on limited information.

Find some locals (aussie cachers) in your area and ask them to show you their GPS working in the field, as it is dangerous to use the internet alone to make your first purchase in some cases....seen it often, just helping out a newbie.

I would have replied earlier, however your subject heading was misleading and may have scared away other helpful replies. :D

mm