Geocaches that can be SEEN from google street view

gopogo120

Here's one that I had found in California last year. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...,277.08,,1,6.27.

It's the green trunk by the side of the house. The owner lived there and had this nice large trunk chained up outside. Unfortunately in January of this year, someone stole the whole darn cache right from his house. It has since been archived.

When I zoom in on the picture, it looks like there's a watermark that says 2009, so I think the picture was taken last year.

I've been careful not to name the cache here so that someone can't log a false find on it. Plus, it's been archived so it's unsearchable on the website.

I've been careful not to name the cache here so that someone can't log a false find on it. Plus, it's been archived so it's unsearchable on the website.

You mean the one at or very near 462 Jackson St, Fairfield, CA, United States? :) OK, you're right... since its been archived, it would take some work to figure it out.

Although you probably can't seen the cache using Google Street View (it's not close enough to a road) I just solved a puzzle this morning that used Google maps, and a set of coordinates to point to digits that are clearly visible with a satellite view without zooming into a street view.

I'm curious if you are referring to my Seattle Street View cache or if there is another that uses Street View in a similar way?

cheers

- fish

Although you probably can't seen the cache using Google Street View (it's not close enough to a road) I just solved a puzzle this morning that used Google maps, and a set of coordinates to point to digits that are clearly visible with a satellite view without zooming into a street view.

I'm curious if you are referring to my Seattle Street View cache or if there is another that uses Street View in a similar way?

cheers

- fish

Nope, the one I'm talking about doesn't require Street View. The numbers are clearly visible using the "basic" satellite view (the numbers are quite large). When entering coordinates into google maps it places a pointer right at the edge of the number required. Since it's a new puzzle I didn't want to describe what you're looking for and give away the solution (although anyone with basic research skills should be able to figure it out).

You can send me email through my profile if you want to know what cache I'm talking about and how it works.

You're looking at one of mine in this shot, although you can't see it. Try looking about 20-25 feet up that pole (the one with the lights).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+44%C2%B0+5...285.54,,0,-0.25

Sorry, can't seem to spot it in the picture.

It is a bison tube. A silver bison tube. I don't think you will be able to see it. But its there.

I lost my pencil. Can I log this as a find?

You're looking at one of mine in this shot, although you can't see it. Try looking about 20-25 feet up that pole (the one with the lights).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+44%C2%B0+5...285.54,,0,-0.25

Sorry, can't seem to spot it in the picture.

It is a bison tube. A silver bison tube. I don't think you will be able to see it. But its there.

I lost my pencil. Can I log this as a find?

Hell, I can't get the darned thing down to check the log, anyway. You may as well! :rolleyes: